PCXS2 Weird framerate.Problem
(08-18-2013, 05:24 PM)PedroPM Wrote: But it isn´t weird that at start it runs well in native(even on the matches, it runs in the same fps than 420x420, and it´s not a false fps reading because it feels the same playing both resolution). But after a while native slow downs, gpu temps and cpu temps are the same no matter what resolution...

It's possible that the game starts well, and overtime your GPU/CPU are getting hotter overtime (regardless of whats going on). Make sure to keep a temp. monitoring program going, and double check.

Really the only options you have are either:

a) Use speed hacks (read up on them here).
b) Upgrade, because really there isn't much you can do that will magically improve your performance without actually getting newer/more capable hardware.

Sponsored links

(08-18-2013, 05:24 PM)PedroPM Wrote: But it isn´t weird that at start it runs well in native(even on the matches, it runs in the same fps than 420x420, and it´s not a false fps reading because it feels the same playing both resolution). But after a while native slow downs, gpu temps and cpu temps are the same no matter what resolution...
gpu bottleneck here! you not understand what iam trying to say if you increase resolution the load on gpu and cpu increases and you get slowdown in graphic intensive places.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Honestly, you're not going to get very good performance at all with your current rig. If you do due to your hardware limitations, it will more than likely look very shoddy. I suggest that you either upgrade your rig, or play on your PS2. It's up to you.
Well, i guess i will play with the resolution i was playing with, at least i don´t get slowdowns in that Tongue
And yes its possible this is temp issue iam agree with sccotalo here.

(08-18-2013, 05:48 PM)PedroPM Wrote: Well, i guess i will play with the resolution i was playing with, at least i don´t get slowdowns in that Tongue

yeah its your best bet :-P
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Yeah i know my current rig is not very good, maybe i will upgrade it at christmas or something.
Just one final tip. What is most prone to cause bugs in games, use frame skipping or ee and vu speed hacks?
Ee and vu! frame skipping does not cause any bug its only skip the frame which look like weired.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(08-18-2013, 06:32 PM)PedroPM Wrote: Just one final tip. What is most prone to cause bugs in games, use frame skipping or ee and vu speed hacks?

Frame skipping depending on how much you use can [but not necessarily will] make the game appear to be choppy.

Speed hacks on the other hand vary from game to game. Sometimes a game will react well, and give you a nice performance boost. On the flip side sometimes speed hacks will cause slowdowns. Really it's just a matter of experiment with them. All-in-all speed hacks are usually your best bet, but they sometimes cause weird things. The best possible solution is to use no speed hacks or frame skipping, but you'll need a much better performing rig for that.
Okay. But i notice something with speed hacks, sometimes the sound is way too fast especially in intros(the game is just too fast), is there any way to lock the fps to some value?