PERFECT games list?
i've been playing Capcom Fighting Evolution (US version) on my laptop :-

Vista Home Premium
Intel Pentium Dual Core 1.60ghz
2gb RAM
Basic Graphics Card

after much option clicking and mouse twitching (technical term) i managed to run it with sound between 60-65fps in forced frameskip with all speedhacks and cpu options on. i am in hogs heaven!

this might be psychological rather than technical but even with frameskip options on it ran very smooth for me and i personally didn't notice any major clipping of sound or major graphical errors.... i run my windows in high res and so i always put the emu's in windowed mode as much as possible!

i'm sure that people could get better results on their faster cpu's with graphics on board, faster RAM etc.... but for me thats a personal achievement i'm quite proud of!! (i was gloating to friends that i got 30fps on the last release with no sound lol!!!)

next big thing is to run complex 3d games!! lmao!!

as far as a 'perfect' games list is concerned. maybe consider a traffic light sysyem? (green=80 to 100% playable, amber=50 to 79% playable, red=less than 50% playable or not playable with descriptions of what emulator options, under what spec and the glitches encountered) i think that peeps would actually use it as a guide rather than a definitive list. a lot of peeps who emulate are used to experimentation so if a game is in the red then that could be a gentle reminder that you probably might not get very far. most compatibility lists i've seen don't get updated as regularly as the emulator does so i think good use of discretion and willingness to experiment for the greater good is always gonna work!

Capcom Fighting Evolution is deffo a green game as it runs damn smooth with all the speedhacks and cpu tweaks on as above. so imagine if you had a powerfuller machine than mine (just about everybody, lol)!

whatever happens i'm enjoying happy gaming so far! hugs to the pcsx2 crew!

Sponsored links

Shadow of Colossus NTSC-U
[email protected] GHz
PGsvn528vm (from PG beta thread)
GSDX 1.13 SSSE3 (from ngemu forum)
ALL speedhacks and other options/chops etc turned on (it doesnt brake the game)
Result: 100% speed in battles with frame limit mode and some slowdowns in cutscenes (turn on VUSkip during them)
Perfectly Playable
PS Didn't test memcard saving since it doesnt affect gameplay, using savestates
Stop getting stuck on the word "perfect". I think by now everyone knows a "perfect" game list is impossible, therefore just use a bit of common sense and realize perfect simply means playable. I saw talk of making a new thread- if you go ahead with that, name it "Playable games list" so we don't get half as many clutter posts.

On that note, I saw a post that said in FFXII the only error they have is with a slowdown on Basches quickening? I get no such slowdown, so.....yea.
to ranzell..... i reckon the traffic light system gives you that broad spectrum of what is playable. i mean i think that a fair bit of what is 'playable' versus 'perfect' is psychological. i cannot see a big difference between 50 versus 60fps for example (my frame rate just spikes all the time according to the window stat but in the heat of a game i don't notice this!!) so because i drop below 60fps and i use frame skip options that obviously means the title isn't 'perfect' but it is damn playable.... lol

new thread : game vibe list!
how does the title feel to you? lol.........
if i boot an actual disc rather than an image does that mean that the playability/frame rate will suffer?

i ran pro evo 6 via disc boot...... i got 30fps-ish with sound...........
however i ran thunder force iv japanese version which IMO is a much more cpu heavy game and it ran super smooth............ never went below 60fps apart from loading/options screens............ (although there is a slight delay in joypad response when selecting options etc.....

am i missing something obvious here.......? (bet i am..... lol) have i got the idea of cpu usage wrong??
Don't mind Ranzell, he just has a ***** up his ass.
Guys it would be really helpfull if you also post your pcsx2 configuration for each game you manage to play decent because the emu has many combination and its hard for the others to test them all so they can achieve the best results.....
Which is the best configuration for 2d games like capcom vs marvel 2 and marvel vs snk 2 because i can get decent fps even thought i can play ffx,persona3-4 fullspeed and ffxi at around 40-50 fps.....
Also castlevania (the first one that mentioned in a previews post) hungs after a short gameplay time....which is the best configuration because i can run it at almost fullspeed....

Edit:Castlevania now works (65% to 90%)....disabled all speedhacks (stable) if i find which option breaks the game i will manage to gain a few fps ....game should run from 75% to 95%

my system specs:
Laptop c2d centrino 2 [email protected]
3gb Ram
Nvidia 9600M GT
Windows Vista Home
Laptop
c2d centrino 2 [email protected]
3gb Ram
Nvidia 9600M GT
Windows Vista Home

Desktop
AMD X2 4800+ @3.1Ghz (o/c)
Ram 3.5gb DDR2 667 @750mhz (o/c)
Nvidia 8800GT
Windows XP Sp3 Professional
Devil May Cry (PAL) has pretty low requirements
Played it OK on AMD 3800+
I have some games not listed here that I have played all the way through.
Armored core 2
Armored core 2 another age
Armored core 3
Silent line armored core
AC3 nexus
AC3 last raven

They are listed as playable on the compatibility list, and if I jockey the settings, they all play between 50-60 fps most of the time.

Last raven is the exception for me, it plays at 37fps while in the menus.
But during a mission or a fight, I still get 50-60 fps.
So I consider it VERY playable.
I have pretty mediocre hardware, so most people should be able to play these games.
HOWEVER, I had to use many different combinations of binaries and settings to play all these games.
I won't list them here unless asked specifically.
8>
Those any Armored Core have graphic problem?
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5