PGO optimizations
Some changes also increase the speed, even if we don't notice it or mention it.
Those timing tweaks intended to fix garbage textures and similar issues often
affect speed as well.
Anyways, PGO is a nice extra and I agree that we should provide a new one pretty soon.

Sponsored links

that's the spirit Tongue

however the r1888 is still the fastest SVN Out there , no ?
Which revision is fastest depends on the game played. Also it has to work without errors, of course.
Quite a lot of titles work better on the latest rev compared to r1888, which doesn't even have MTVU.
using the latest plugins with this revision will definitely bring an awesome Graphic and Audio experience and most of the time a speed bonus too

our discussion is speed not quality or compatibly

and MTVU is like come on that's not related at all Laugh
Quote:using the latest plugins with this revision will definitely bring an awesome Graphic and Audio experience and most of the time a speed bonus too
No actually. Most of the fixes and speedups are in the PCSX2 core (like MTVU)

How is MTVU not related at all when you're taking about speed and MTVU is like a free 25% speedup? Get serious.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yeah i think serious word is not in his directory lol Laugh
(05-05-2013, 05:36 PM)Bositman Wrote: No actually. Most of the fixes and speedups are in the PCSX2 core (like MTVU)

How is MTVU not related at all when you're taking about speed and MTVU is like a free 25% speedup? Get serious.

ok what i am saying that alot of members including me report that PCSX2 is going towards the slower but better way

and 1.0.0 is slower than 0.9.8

while back then when the hardware sucks a$s the goal make it work and make it fast ( hacks and stuffs )

and for God sake i know that MicroVU and MTVU did some huge performance increase but still by a very small margin ( without MTVU ) r1888 wins the performance with most of my non crashing games Tongue2

and i am tottaly with the idea that it's game based but you know ...
and i believe that is why the benchmark use that revision to get every last bit of performance ( and updating will take forever too Biggrin )
No they use that build because the FFX-2 slowness was later improved, thus it would stop being a good benchmark.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
ok i am sorry for that didn't know . Tongue

however like i will test this ( currently not in contact with my PS2 collection just a couple of games )