PLZ Help! Speed info needed!!
Shocked 
Hi guys I am new to this forum but not new to pcsx2 lol , PCSX2 is definitely the most complicated emulator yet and only high end pc(s) can run it smoothly I think , I am going to buy my first Windows 8.1 tablet Dell venue 8 pro , it has 1.8 GHZ quad core processor with Intel Atom chip , which you know that is probably slower but I can expect some speed because its better than many processors , i just want tk know will there be any game that will be playable ? Even if it will work without sound , that will be okay , Even if it will run on 320x240 resolution , it will be okay but will any game be pkayable ? thank you so much Laugh

Sponsored links

1.8Ghz, I don't think you will get good playable speeds, with it. It's a good processor than several tablet Processor but i will not compare it to a PC.
Also, the graphics will be demanding.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
But isn't the Quad Core 1.8 GHZ is stronger than Core 2 Duo? I have seen that Tekken 5 is playable in a 2.2 GHZ Core 2 Duo processor ! So what about that Quad core? Biggrin Biggrin BTW Thanks for your Help!
well yes just like mine (laptop). if you are going pc i d better suggest you get better than that.
The graphic should be fine but dont use scaling and if you need more speed. use speedhack
(04-20-2014, 01:33 PM)Haseeb_BSAA Wrote: But isn't the Quad Core 1.8 GHZ is stronger than Core 2 Duo? I have seen that Tekken 5 is playable in a 2.2 GHZ Core 2 Duo processor ! So what about that Quad core? Biggrin Biggrin BTW Thanks for your Help!

You are comparing the performance of 4 cores simultaneously to the performance of 2 cores which are faster than the former. Supposing the MTVU hack helps your quad-core with this game, the dual-core will still be better. Not to mention that the quad-core is a mobile CPU which are inherently focused on lower power consumption and better heat dissipation at the cost of performance, so compared to a desktop dual-core with the same speed as the quad-core, it will still lose in a competition of performance unless the application used to benchmark uses all available cores.
In PCSX2, single thread performance matters most, and multi-threading only exists as a hack since the EE and VU are already split and emulated by two separate cores.

If you really want to make a pick, find more information about those two CPUs you're comparing to each other and shows us performance benchmarks.
Thank you Bros , btw I cant make a better pick because the other tablets like Surface Pro or Surface pro 2 are expensive , anyway I will check running pcsx2 on Dell venue 8 pro , I might get some games to be playable. Smile