PNACH file troubles
Hello Everyone,

This is my first time posting here and I'm still relatively new to emulators and pcsx2, so please dumb it down a little when trying to help me lol.

I've recently been having trouble getting pnach cheats to work, specifically for the game Yugioh Duelists of the Roses. I have downloaded pcsx2ce and learned how to make a 

new pnach file in the pcsx2 cheat folder, (using the game's CRC) and I also know to remove the // from the cheat codes I want. I also made sure the codes I was using were 

from the right region. Attached are screenshots of what the console looks like when booting the game and also what the txt version of my pnach file looks like. 

(the have all cards in chest cheat is the one I want to work)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

your file has a .txt extension, it should be .pnatch Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-18-2016, 03:20 PM)refraction Wrote: your file has a .txt extension, it should be .pnatch Smile

I renamed it to .txt so I could show what's inside, when I actually run the game I change it back to pnatch.
You don't have to rename it to .txt to open it in Notepad. Tongue

You're sure it's in the right location? (aka not the root PCSX2 directory, but the folder specified in the 'missing file' line)?
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
I would guess it is still called .txt but you cant see it. if you open a folder then on the ribbon bar go to "view" the "options" in the big list of stuff, one of them will be "hide extensions of known filetypes", make sure that isn't ticked, then rename your .pnach.

oh and make sure it's in the right place too Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-18-2016, 03:25 PM)Lil_Wrench Wrote: I renamed it to .txt so I could show what's inside, when I actually run the game I change it back to pnatch.
Be sure to not change it to pnatch, I'm pretty sure that won't work. Tongue2 Use pnach.

Also put in the (My )Documents/PCSX2/cheats folder, not the cheats_ws one.
(03-18-2016, 03:35 PM)Ryudo Wrote: You don't have to rename it to .txt to open it in Notepad. Tongue

You're sure it's in the right location? (aka not the root PCSX2 directory, but the folder specified in the 'missing file' line)?
Not sure what you mean by "folder specified in the missing file line" but here's another screenshot of its location in my pcsx2 folder.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

GUYS!!!! I totally got it to work! I was putting it in the completely wrong place. Thank you to everyone for their quick replies and help Smile