PS1 .bin files don't work
Rainbow 
I have .bin files for Robo Pit 2, Ball Breakerz, and Steel Harbinger. However, when I run them, they look like the attatched image.

I've spent multiple hours browsing threads and trying what they said; downloading specials builds, trying different plugins, etc. but nothing helped me. I'm getting pretty frustrated, and I would certainly appreciate some help if anyone would be so kind. I'm perfectly willing to start from scratch!

Thank you!

Sponsored links

That's normal. PSX mode is still a work in progress. FMVs will always be corrupted. However you should boot the game in SW and switch to HW after to avoid the textures being corrupted in-game.
That sucks! Thanks for helping me fix the in-game, but I hope that I'll be able to get the full experience in the future. Do you have any idea when this issue might get fixed?
PS1 support is still work in progress but there are plenty of other emulators are for PS1
It's not like you can't play your game because you can't play it on pcsx2

ePSXe is the most popular one.
And btw just a little off topic but l'm curious...is there some special feature in pcsx2 in ps1 mode that exist only in pcsx2 which will make you want to use pcsx2 rather than any of the other emulators that are at way higher compatibility level than pcsx2 or it's just the all in one(ps1/2 in one emulator)
(11-15-2017, 06:53 AM)vsub Wrote: PS1 support is still work in progress but there are plenty of other emulators are for PS1

And btw just a little off topic but l'm curious...is there some special feature in pcsx2 in ps1 mode that exist only in pcsx2 which will make you want to use pcsx2 rather than any of the other emulators that are at way higher compatibility level than pcsx2 or it's just the all in one(ps1/2 in one emulator)

Not OP but I find my interest lies in an all in one ps1/2 emu myself, also I'm just curious to see how ps2's ps1 mode differs in emulation than a Native PS1 emulator,
such as emulating the glitches native to the ps2's mode.
If I remember, the IOP become the main Cpu (it contain the Mdec and the Gte), the sio1 will be used for the controller, the dma2 for sending some info and the EE+GS become a simulated ps1 gpu.
(11-15-2017, 06:53 AM)vsub Wrote: PS1 support is still work in progress but there are plenty of other emulators are for PS1

Honestly, it depends on the game, but some are 100% there such as Alien Resurrection.

[Image: gsdx_20171115011216_-_Copy.png]
(11-15-2017, 06:53 AM)vsub Wrote: And btw just a little off topic but l'm curious...is there some special feature in pcsx2 in ps1 mode that exist only in pcsx2 which will make you want to use pcsx2 rather than any of the other emulators that are at way higher compatibility level than pcsx2 or it's just the all in one(ps1/2 in one emulator)
Currently the only reason to prefer PCSX2's PSX mode to a "native" emulator like ePSXe is the all-in-one benefits. If you're like me and you haven't owned a PSX in over a decade (I'm assuming you have to BIOS dump for PSX emulators, too, but wouldn't know), but you do have a PS2 still, it's just easier because it's ready to go, no new BIOS dump needed or anything. Saves me however much a PSX costs at the local retro game shop.

(11-15-2017, 05:09 AM)Cake Holder Wrote: That sucks! Thanks for helping me fix the in-game, but I hope that I'll be able to get the full experience in the future. Do you have any idea when this issue might get fixed?
Unfortunately, the likelihood of things like hardware renderers being fixed up for PSX mode in a timely manner is low. PSX mode has been a backburner project for a while now and that isn't going to change very soon. So for now, stick to software renderers and just sorta slide past the FMVs and their corrupted goodness.

(11-15-2017, 07:29 AM)kenshen Wrote: Not OP but I find my interest lies in an all in one ps1/2 emu myself, also I'm just curious to see how ps2's ps1 mode differs in emulation than a Native PS1 emulator,
such as emulating the glitches native to the ps2's mode.
It's definitely got it's quirks. Fun fact, the PS2 BIOS after, v2.0 I think, actually changed how PSX mode was handled. PCSX2 can't actually run PSX mode on a BIOS newer than that because they completely changed how it actually works. The core changes required by a BIOS newer than v2.0 just hasn't been attempted yet. There's gonna be a lot of peculiarities as PSX mode slowly gets worked on and it's going to be a mighty fun ride. SIO in particular (the IO control scheme that handles controllers, memory cards, all that jazz) is a juicy area because it technically shouldn't work as well as it does. But, it does. Fun right?

That said I've taken a personal interest to PSX memory card quirks so if you notice any, let me know.