PS2 Demo's
much like recording your favourite songs from a local radio station, or videoing a program on telly so you dont miss it, technically this is illegal, however in modern society its generally overlooked Tongue2

If you borrow a game from a friend and play it on the emulator, we are happy to help, as long as you dont make an iso of it or any other means of a copy, as this would be piracy in the eyes of the law, however tempting it may be to iso it and give it back to your friend.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(05-31-2009, 05:40 AM)refraction Wrote: much like recording your favourite songs from a local radio station, or videoing a program on telly so you dont miss it, technically this is illegal, however in modern society its generally overlooked Tongue2

If you borrow a game from a friend and play it on the emulator, we are happy to help, as long as you dont make an iso of it or any other means of a copy, as this would be piracy in the eyes of the law, however tempting it may be to iso it and give it back to your friend.

Laws make my head spin sometimes. Tongue
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(05-31-2009, 05:40 AM)refraction Wrote: *snip* or videoing a program on telly so you dont miss it, technically this is illegal, however in modern society its generally overlooked Tongue2
that's not illegal in the states, in fact AT&T Uverse (probably only in the US) encourages recording the programs, 4 at a time. Here it's only illegal if you charge others to watch them at your place.

as fr games.. we all borrow games from friends, for various reasons. pirates download them from the net.
As for as demos from the net: I haven't seen any DCMA takedowns over demos, as these are free dvds that get handed out. you could probably find a torrent of them, or like others have said, go out to the stores and ask for one. I don't see how downloading something free that was already free getting you in any serious legal trouble. (but I don't know the law, so I can only say that much)
asked a cop on the way home today. they said it should be fine (I'll ask a few more later, not everyone knows everything. always helps to ask law enforcement lol)