PS2 Joystick in Ubuntu for PC and PS2 Games
rumble (vibration) is not properly implemented so it won't correctly. The best you can have is to build PCSX2 with sdl1.3 (-DFORCE_INTERNAL_SDL=TRUE ) and to use onepad.

If you want more plugins, you need to develop them Tongue2

Sponsored links

Good news, the rumble works perfect, its FFX that only rumble on the boss fight and with some special attacks. i am using sdl1.3. Thanx for your answer.

(03-06-2012, 09:24 AM)gregory Wrote: rumble (vibration) is not properly implemented so it won't correctly. The best you can have is to build PCSX2 with sdl1.3 (-DFORCE_INTERNAL_SDL=TRUE ) and to use onepad.

If you want more plugins, you need to develop them Tongue2

Your welcome :d
Hello... I am new to emulation of this kind( as in on the computer) and would love if anyone could give me a hand here.

Okay so basically I do have Pcsx2 working on my laptop( yes its slow but I can work around that XD) and its loading my KH game just fine, but this is weird thing I need help with. Im running ubuntu and it does recognize my ps3 remote through usb... and was working for about maybe an hour before it just stopped. Any help I can get on a good way of setting the controller? Also another thing was that while playing (and while it was working) the analog sticks werent doing anything at all, even though they had been registered in the Onepad config.

Any help please. ^^''

P.s. Any plugins available for ubuntu as far as controller's go?
For the ps3 controller.
1/ Use onepad plugin. A recent enough version.
2/ Use bluetooth. It will work better. Install qtsixa drivers.
3/ If it does not work, try to build with sdl1.3 (-DFORCE_INTERNAL_SDL=TRUE )
Thanks for the help I got the qtsixa drivers and I got roxas to walk! Thanks alot.

You mind If ask one more thing... I was messing around with video configs to see if I could get better fps,but the ubuntu version two ZZ ogl(in which I can see the game just fine but only runs the game at 20fps during gameplay) and Gsnull (in which I can HEAR the game but NOT see it,and is running at about 60~70fps) Would you be able to recommend a better ubuntu driver or are there different configs I should try to make it work with GSnull?

Also I have been trying all sort of things, I wouldnt be asking if I didnt need help.XD
Well speed, depends of games and your PC hardware/drivers. Anyway, GSnull is equivalent to black screen. Only useful for debug or blind people Tongue2 You can try some speed hack.
Thanks then, I knew I had to get a better working comp anyway.... Oh well Guess I'll start saving up XD. Thank you though with the help I got here my remote wouldn't be working.
Okay I need help with my remote again... I got it working last night, but now the remote isnt doing anything. Let me clarify, I shut down the comp making sure that I closed everything before doing to prevent crashes. But now I'm at square one again, even Sixa installed the remote shows up as plugged in but isnt doing anything with the game.

Am I doing anything wrong, or have I not done anything right?
Hum, maybe you can try to reconfigure the plugins. Please note that the USB/bluethooth report different key so you must reconfigure each time you change the input mode.
Monthes ago, I added a file for udev to change default permission. Sometimes you don't have read access so you don't see any key press.
Code:
> cat /etc/udev/rules.d/99-sixaxis-usb.rules  
# do not edit this file, it will be overwritten on update
ACTION=="add", KERNEL=="event*", ATTRS{name}=="*PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller*", MODE="0666"