PS2 Memory Card Data
HI!

I'm not sure I'm in the right part of the forum for this but, basically, I have a large PS1 and 2 game collection with several memory cards for them. I also have an official PS3 memory card adapter.

I'd like to know if there is any program that would allow me to transfer my save data on these cards through this adapter to my PC, and if the data on these cards can be read by PCSX2.

Thanks!

Sponsored links

(12-01-2012, 05:38 PM)freespace2dotcom Wrote: HI!

I'm not sure I'm in the right part of the forum for this but, basically, I have a large PS1 and 2 game collection with several memory cards for them. I also have an official PS3 memory card adapter.

I'd like to know if there is any program that would allow me to transfer my save data on these cards through this adapter to my PC, and if the data on these cards can be read by PCSX2.

Thanks!

I'm not sure how it's done for I never did it myself, but I know that codebreaker, AR Max and similar devices are able to write saves in formats that the utility called MyMC is able to import into PCSX2 memcards.

Another utility called PS2SaveBuilder is able to... well buid and manage saves in memory cards.

There are maybe direct ways of doing so, and then someone will come with more accurate answer to you.
Imagination is where we are truly real
From my understanding, a driver for the PS2 memory card adapter exists, but you have to manually edit it in order for it to work. If you poke around on the Internet you may be able to find it.

-Edit-

Looks like it's called ps3mca-tool. Not sure how it works.
Valid links can be found here PSX-scene: A new way to install FMCB.

I found a list of command lines, someone with time could probable make a GUI for it.
Quote:PS3MCA-TOOL v1.3
Copyright © 2011 - jimmikaelkael & 'someone who wants to stay anonymous'

Usage:
./src/ps3mca-tool <command> [<arguments>]

Available commands:
--mc-info, -i
--mc-free, -f
--mc-image, -img <output filepath>
--mc-unformat
--mc-format
--list, -ls <mc path>
--extract-file, -x <mc filepath> <output filepath>
--inject-file, -in <input filepath> <mc filepath>
--make-directory, -mkdir <mc path>
--remove-directory, -rmdir <mc path>
--remove, -rm <mc filepath>
--file-crosslink, -cl <real mc filepath> <dummy mc filepath>
--content-key, -ck <disk kelf filepath>
--sign-kelf, -k <disk kelf filepath> <card kelf filepath>
"mc-image" might be useful if another program can convert it to pcsx2 MC files.
(12-03-2012, 07:51 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: "mc-image" might be useful if another program can convert it to pcsx2 MC files.

If the image it makes isn't compatible with PCSX2 (because there's no ECC) then it might be possible to extract the save games with MyMC and then reimport them into a compatible image.