PS2 official emu could help you, devs?
Well, seems that since 2.50 firm an official emu it's included (but not activated) in the updates that Sony gives to its PS3 users.

The goal seems to be emulating games that they will upload to the store so the people can buy them and play with the PS3.

I guess i'm telling a bunch of nonsense, but, if these files can be decrypted could them help you and give information about how the hard (EE/IOP, etc) works and, so, be useful to the PCSX2 progress? Or the fact of being a totally diferent arquitecture make this a useless information?

However, i post this. Maybe someone it's interested Wink

Sponsored links

Probably not,because as you said that emulator is coded on the architecture of the PS3 which has absolutely nothing to do with anything close to x86 Wink
So,I guess we can't get any help...not to mention PCSX2 runs some games their emulator can't Laugh
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hehe like questions like someone said... How about if I install Windows XP on PS3 and then use your PCSX2 to run PS2 games on PS3?...

Yeah old versions PS3 have PS2 emulator inbuild. Newer versions won't have PS2 emulator anymore so maybe you might want try this, but its not going to be pretty probably... ;P
[Image: FireFlower.jpg]
[Image: 463094.png]
No, no. Sony it's going to announce this sooner or later (more likely soon).
The elf files have been found in the new Firmwares, and there is people making test about its compatibility (FMV's seems to have problem with this "no-hard-included-emu) Wink

So, the point was asking if this emu could help knowing how the PS2 component work (EE, IOP, VU, etc), but it seems it wont be useful at all.
Only use I can think of for it is for to build OLD mac support with PowerPC processors... But likely that is not going to happen when MACS are not really meant for playing Wink
[Image: FireFlower.jpg]
[Image: 463094.png]
(12-15-2008, 12:14 AM)tiku Wrote: No, no. Sony it's going to announce this sooner or later (more likely soon).
The elf files have been found in the new Firmwares, and there is people making test about its compatibility (FMV's seems to have problem with this "no-hard-included-emu) Wink

So, the point was asking if this emu could help knowing how the PS2 component work (EE, IOP, VU, etc), but it seems it wont be useful at all.

You wouldn't happen to know where this research is taking place, would you? I would like to know more about this.
I think the devs would be extremely weary about using anything owned by Sony in the emulator, for fear of opening themselves up to lawsuits.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi