PS2 to PCSX2 save transfers?
Hey. I'm trying to figure out how to move saves from my PS2 (unmodded) to PCSX2, and vice versa. I cannot, at all, modify my PS2.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Sponsored links

Why can't you mod your ps2
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I'd love this ability.. and before you ask knobbs, my ps2 may be with us in body, but its not in spirit any more...
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
Your best bet if you don't want to softmod (which is easy) is the get a ps2 memory card to pc converter which I highly doubt they sell anymore.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
The soft mod is just a specially prepared Memory Card. It is no permanent modification. You can uninstall it by deleting some files on the Memory Card.
Almost the same way you used to dump the bios...rather than running the dumper,you will run uLaunchELF to backup/restore your saves
Okay, let me clarify. I can't physically mod my console, because my parents would have my tail if I did. Softmoding is software, so that's okay. And I can't buy anything, because my parents hold the wallets. ;-;

I was gonna try free mcboot via disc, but I only have CD-R and DVD-R at my disposal right now. Does that help any?

PS, sorry about your PS2. That sucks, dude.
Okay. Let me try to explain a bit more. I've never done anything with my PS2. The emulator ran straight from the download. I don't know how to load a CD-R or DVD-R using my PS2, how to install free mcboot,or dump a bios. I'm a noob all over. I just learn quickly, like editing .hack//infection to play as Mia. But I can't get any solid answers on this subject, and the forums at Iridium Based aren't any help. That's why I'm here.

Can anyone help?
(06-04-2016, 08:27 AM)Kyon Enyif Wrote: Okay. Let me try to explain a bit more. I've never done anything with my PS2. The emulator ran straight from the download. I don't know how to load a CD-R or DVD-R using my PS2, how to install free mcboot,or dump a bios. I'm a noob all over. I just learn quickly, like editing .hack//infection to play as Mia. But I can't get any solid answers on this subject, and the forums at Iridium Based aren't any help. That's why I'm here.

Can anyone help?

Best thing I can suggest is to try and do chores/work around your neighborhood for enough money to buy the Swap Magic disc at Amazon. It's $30, and depending on how old you are, that might seem like a lot... but when I was young I mowed lawns and raked enough leaves to be the first kid on my block to buy an original NES. It was really worth the effort I put into it and taught me lessons I still use today. Also the guy who made the tutorial videos I linked said he used to make preformatted PS2 memory cards for a small fee, but that was a few years ago so I can't guarantee he's still willing to do that. 

IF you DO get the swap magic disc somehow, and are able to do the tape/straw soft mod, here's a video that shows you how to install "Free McBoot" on your PS2 without having to hard mod it:
AND then, once you get FMCB installed, here's how to transfer save files like you're asking:

*(You could also consider saving that $30 to find a used ps2 on ebay or wherever. Since you already have a ps2, you could just buy one without any cables, that you can teach yourself how to hard mod. They often come up for very cheap, even in thrift stores or swap meets. Then you wouldn't have to worry about bricking your parents ps2.)

Smile Good luck!
Everyone is talking about FMCB/softmod but there is one very important piece of information that is needed...and that is which PS2 model/version you have.
FMCB doesn't work on slim PS2 with date code above(including....there are some rare cases)8c/bios version 2.30