PS2 to PCSX2 save transfers?
(06-04-2016, 09:03 AM)vsub Wrote: Everyone is talking about FMCB/softmod but there is one very important piece of information that is needed...and that is which PS2 model/version you have.
FMCB doesn't work on slim PS2 with date code above(including....there are some rare cases)8c/bios version 2.30

I did forget to mention that, but the tutorial videos I linked say that specifically at the beginning. Being a fast learner, I assume Kyon could figure that much out. Tongue

Sponsored links

Lol, sounds fun guys. But in all honesty, my parents never touch any of the consoles in the house, I'm inmy ttwenties, and still only make money via finding change in my dad's pockets on laundry night.

That said, my resources are about all I've got. Wish I could be more flexible, but sadly...

So, basically I'm screwed, unless I get a swap magic disc, or a preloaded memory card?

Oh, almost forgot, how do I tell if my PS2 is a slim or not?

Well the slim one is slim and the not slim one is fat Laugh
[Image: PlayStation_2_comparison.png]
(06-04-2016, 03:29 PM)Kyon Enyif Wrote: Lol, sounds fun guys. But in all honesty, my parents never touch any of the consoles in the house, I'm inmy ttwenties, and still only make money via finding change in my dad's pockets on laundry night.

That said, my resources are about all I've got. Wish I could be more flexible, but sadly...

So, basically I'm screwed, unless I get a swap magic disc, or a preloaded memory card?

Best suggestion then would be to show them the videos and what you're wanting to do, explain it to them and give evidence that you're not going to harm their console. The videos show clearly that the ps2 is working fine without having to hard mod (aka, do any soldering to the board or w/e else steps are required.) I can't really suggest other "ways" to obtain a swap magic disk, but maybe a "friend" has one you can "borrow"? Can't be less vague, but you could still try saving. Even if you found a dollar a day, you'd have your swap magic disk in a month, aside from trying in February. Tongue

Also turn the console over to see the model number and all that other information printed on a sicker. You should be able to tell which ps2 you have and if it's even capable of running the swap magic disk. Like vsub said, they patched later versions after 8xxx or 9xxx, can't recall which exactly, but they are also mentioned in the videos I linked.
*facepaw* I'll update with anything I figure out/ get done that works.
Okay. I was able to get a FMCB memory card (Fujiworks, Magic gate enabled, if it helps) but now I'm stuck. Its running ver. 1.94, and works fine on my system. But I can't figure out how to do anything. I have the saves I want from my pcsx2 copied on a flash drive, but how do I copy them to my PS2 memory card, that I have emptied specifically for FMCB transfered files? (Different card. Sony brand from a controller bundle pack)

Any help is greatly appreciated! ^.^
PS, is there some way to move ISO copies of games to a flash drive, and play them from there, on an actual PS2, or a disc I could burn the ISO to, so my PS2 could play it?