PS2 to USB adapter doesn't work with lilypad
I recently got a PS2 controller to USB converter ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FBM...UTF8&psc=1 ) and I cannot configure it in lilypad. When I plug it in my computer, It recognizes it and says "Setting Up USB Gamepad", and when I go to my devices page it also shows it being there, but as I said, no buttons are getting configured on lilypad. I thought it may have been a driver issue so I turned off automatic updates for drivers, uninstalled the gamepad, and then plugged it in but that didn't work - so it isn't a faulty driver. I tried all of my USB Ports, so it isn't a faulty port. I tried it on 2 controllers so they are fine. I have no clue what is wrong with it. The only issue I could see is if windows 10 doesn't support it, but multiple pages say it supports vista, 7 and up.
"Everything means nothing and we are all going to die".    - Some random owl I found in the woods whilst tripping on DMT

Sponsored links

On the device page did you right click go game controller settings and then under that go properties and use the test tab to make sure the OS is reading the PS2 controller properly?
(07-05-2018, 08:35 PM)SimplisticOwl Wrote: The only issue I could see is if windows 10 doesn't support it, but multiple pages say it supports vista, 7 and up.

It can be that and btw,did you tried the gamepad on some pc game or anything that support dinput\xinput(it could be the adapter)
(07-05-2018, 08:49 PM)TkSilver Wrote: On the device page did you right click go game controller settings and then under that go properties and use the test tab to make sure the OS is reading the PS2 controller properly?

It isn't. I tried to calibrate and that didn't work either. So it must be windows 10?
"Everything means nothing and we are all going to die".    - Some random owl I found in the woods whilst tripping on DMT
(07-05-2018, 09:03 PM)vsub Wrote: It can be that and btw,did you tried the gamepad on some pc game or anything that support dinput\xinput(it could be the adapter)

I pressed the analog button and it lit up, so the controller is being powered (which makes me not think it is the adapter). I tried it on Skyrim, which supports xinput - and it didn't work.
It probably is the adapter not being supported by Windows 10. Win 10 invalidated a lot of drivers and I doubt that the company who made this adapter paid to re-certify this adapter. You could see if their website (if they have a website) has a windows 10 compliant driver.
(07-06-2018, 02:14 AM)TkSilver Wrote: It probably is the adapter not being supported by Windows 10.  Win 10 invalidated a lot of drivers and I doubt that the company who made this adapter paid to re-certify this adapter.  You could see if their website (if they have a website) has a windows 10 compliant driver.

Emailed them, and they replied saying that it isn't windows 10 compatible, and they don't plan to ever make it so.