PS2 vs NTSC Games
Besides the obvious 50/60Hz where ntsc are simply superior, are there any other changes someone must take note of? I remember back in the day, i needed an RGB Scart cable to play ntsc games on my european PAL console otherwise they would appear black. So what does that tell us about colorspace, do NTSC games lack certain colorspace?

Also is there any game specific list, like for example i know the pal and ntsc japan version of ffx (international) had more things to do and various extra stuff.

Sponsored links

Pal has more vertical resolution then ntsc.

The color space differences are probably due to the fact that pal handles color management automatically where ntsc is manual. The color decoding and color spaces are also slightly differ between the two formats. Neither is exactly lacking between the two, just different.
Calling a region based game superior due to 50 or 60 hz/fps is a bit over the top. You would not see the difference back then between 50 or 60hz/fps due to about 90% of the tv's were huge CRTs.
There are also differences in content in some titles that have a PAL version and (an) NTSC version(s). For example, Gran Turismo 3 had some hidden vehicles, but the rendering files were deleted in the PAL due to licensing issues. Also, Tourist Trophy has some European motorcycles and soundtracks that are exclusive in the PAL version. I can go on with any major releases of Polyphony Digital, but other publishers have done the same with their own games.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
(02-17-2019, 02:59 AM)gtgamer468 Wrote: There are also differences in content in some titles that have a PAL version and (an) NTSC version(s). For example, Gran Turismo 3 had some hidden vehicles, but the rendering files were deleted in the PAL due to licensing issues. Also, Tourist Trophy has some European motorcycles and soundtracks that are exclusive in the PAL version. I can go on with any major releases of Polyphony Digital, but other publishers have done the same with their own games.

Yes this is what i want to know. Is there a list that gathers all this region specific differences
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter (would have been great if this was the 4th game in the series, but it isn't) is like a completely different game Europe. In NTSC countries (US JAPAN) you can go back to one of your limited save chances and keep the group bonus EXP you gained or you can reset back to the beginning of the game with most of the new game+ like things carrying over. This makes the game seem like a cycle of death and rebirth (very fitting for the actual game and series as a whole)....

In Europe you can't do this... you do get more save credits (they might be coins in the game, but it has been years so I forget the exact item you need). You can only reset the game when you beat it, which makes this game incredibly hard to beat the first time (the game was designed to be beaten multiple times) and then after that if you managed to make it through with some good items,skills, and other stuff the next games get a bit easier.
I found a list, though it's incomplete. It's from the PS2-HOME site. Here it is: http://www.ps2-home.com/forum/app.php/pa...l-releases
PC Specs:
Nice try but it doesnt even mention ffx international
That's why I said it's incomplete.
PC Specs: