PS2Library - A modern, slick, open-source PCSX2 launcher/frontend/UI
Star 
I tried out PCSX2Bonus and Specabis but they were either clunky, un-intuitive in design or just didn't work (not updated since years).
I did get inspired by them to create my own PCSX2 Launcher over the span the last 3 days.

With that given, please keep in mind it might not be mature to handle all edge-cases.

I'm not allowed to add links to my post so to get the source code and binary release, go to github and search for "PS2Library". There's exactly one repository with that title as of writing.

Have fun with it I guess and happy retro-gaming! ^^

Previews

[Image: general.gif?raw=true]

[Image: start-game.gif?raw=true]

[Image: feature-resize.gif?raw=true]

Sponsored links

nice one.
will probably become obsolete in a few months, but thanks for contributing
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-18-2022, 09:23 PM)jesalvein Wrote: nice one.
will probably become obsolete in a few months, but thanks for contributing

how so? Is PCSX2 working on their own launcher? PS2Library only integrates very loosely with PCSX2 so it should keep working without any changes for at least the next 2 years (or until they fundamentally change how PCSX2's command line options work).
qt interface will integrate a library with pictures natively
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Awesome that it supports animated gifs, but the cover art doesn't scale well horizontally in 1080p - only get a 1/3 or so of the width. Only have 4k in living room and I can't game there. (I'm of course assuming the issue is my 1080p TV?).
(05-21-2022, 01:58 PM)IPlayWithHex Wrote: Awesome that it supports animated gifs, but the cover art doesn't scale well horizontally in 1080p - only get a 1/3 or so of the width. Only have 4k in living room and I can't game there. (I'm of course assuming the issue is my 1080p TV?).

I didn't even know it supported animated gifs for cover arts haha!

yeah, I've only got a 1080p display and it worked fine. The way the cover art is sized can be improved though for sure. I hope it at least works more or less!
Thanks for trying out btw <3
How do I install it? Sorry I'm new to all of this and want a sleeker design for when I'm browsing my titles
(07-19-2022, 12:16 AM)Zenahr Wrote: I didn't even know it supported animated gifs for cover arts haha!

yeah, I've only got a 1080p display and it worked fine. The way the cover art is sized can be improved though for sure. I hope it at least works more or less!
Thanks for trying out btw <3

Haha, np. I really wish more frontends like this supported gifs, it's so kool! (I know this is a very late reply... somehow I missed this...)

(07-19-2022, 12:16 AM)explicit Wrote: How do I install it? Sorry I'm new to all of this and want a sleeker design for when I'm browsing my titles

This is the github link for Zenahr's PS2 Library app:

https://github.com/Zenahr/PS2Library/releases

It's been awhile since I used it, but I believe you have to edit the config.ini manually to set it all up.

As neat as Zenahr's app is though, Spectabis is more fully featured if you're looking for a frontend for older non-QT PCSX2 builds as it supports per-game configs in addition to grid view with boxart:
https://github.com/valters-tomsons/Spectabis/releases

Just make sure you turn off boxart scraping(or whatever it's called) in Spectabis' settings. You see, Spectabis is supposed to automatically download boxart for the games in your library but since the it's no longer maintained the api it uses for this task doesn't work and leaving it on can lead to weird issues and crashes. So just turn OFF any on-line feature in the settings menu and Spectabis will behave normally and not crash. You can download boxart from places like https://www.mobygames.com/ and add it manually.