PS3 Controller Won't Work With Emulator
So I set up a PS3 Controller on my Windows XP computer using MotioninJoy's DS3 program, and it works there but when I try it on the emulator itself, the emulator doesn't respond to anything I do with the controller.

Any ideas why?

Thank you in advance!

Additional details: Don't know if this matters but my PS3 controller's four lights up top keep blinking while it's connected. I haven't set up bluetooth because I don't have an adapter for it.

Sponsored links

You shouldn't use motionjoy anymore. Remove it and use this handy tool: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Alright, I tried said handy tool and it seemed to be working until I entered the PCSX2 and got the same results. It doesn't respond to the controller even though under Config > Controllers, I tested the plugged in Dualshock and it was responding to it.
However, right up top there it says the XInput only works for X Box 360 controllers, I'm not sure why since the post you linked says it works for PS3 controllers too.
Any advice? It seems to work fine, but how do I set it up so it works with the emulator itself?
The package includes a modified lilypad plugin, you are supposed to use that
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by use. I am rather new to this stuff. Would you mind explaining how to use the lilypad plugin?
(01-09-2013, 05:56 AM)Lexaus Wrote: I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by use. I am rather new to this stuff. Would you mind explaining how to use the lilypad plugin?

Replace the file. Use that coming with the package instead the original Lilypad.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(01-09-2013, 06:30 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Replace the file. Use that coming with the package instead the original Lilypad.

I see, and where is the original Lillypad?

EDIT: Never mind! Found it! Trying this replacement now!
UPDATE 2: Yeah, I did what you said, but nothing. =/ still the same problem.
Have you configured lilypad (mapped the buttons) or are you just assuming it will work? ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-09-2013, 12:07 PM)refraction Wrote: Have you configured lilypad (mapped the buttons) or are you just assuming it will work? ;p

Well, you can say I'm most likely assuming it'll work. Like I said, I'm very new to all this stuff. Never done this before and decided to do this on a whim. Sorry, if I'm coming off as an idiot. =/

How do I configure the "lilypad/map" the buttons using this?
you go on to the "Pad 1" tab on lilypad plugin config, then click the button you want to assign on the right, then press the button you want to do that function on your controller. As it's a PS3 pad, it will be the same, so "Cross" is X button etc etc.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]