PS3 controller connects... but crashes the program? Something's gone a bit wrong...
Hey guys!

I'm having problems with using a PS3 controller. I can set it and the controls up fine but then as soon as I load up the ISO file the program crashes. It's worked absolutely fine before this and I have 30+ hours of gameplay already logged, so this shouldn't be happening, right?
I've got OnePad and I also downloaded a PS3 controller driver. It connects fine using bluetooth, it just doesn't seem to agree with the program very well!
I get this message before the crash:

jpx235
### hdd fs get file object
PS2RNA: sceSifAllocIopHeap(266304) ret=0x000bdd00
PS2RNA: sceSifAllocIopHeap(2256) ret=0x000fee00
PS2RNA: sceSifAllocIopHeap(16448) ret=0x000ff700
DVCI: File cache was not hit. "\DATA.CVM;1"
DVCI: File cache was not hit. "\BGM.CVM;1"
DVCI: File cache was not hit. "\BTL.CVM;1"
Offset 0xf307b000 invalid. Legit SIGSEGV. Aborting.
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 668 Bus error ./pcsx2

It's mega annoying! It'd be so great to be able to play using the controller so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oh! And if it makes any difference (doubt it will, but just in case), the game I'm trying to use the controller with is Persona 3 FES.

Thank you! Smile

Oh, and sorry for posting the same thing in two different threads!

Sponsored links

(08-12-2012, 03:03 PM)EyeOfSandwich Wrote: Hey guys!

I'm having problems with using a PS3 controller. I can set it and the controls up fine but then as soon as I load up the ISO file the program crashes. It's worked absolutely fine before this and I have 30+ hours of gameplay already logged, so this shouldn't be happening, right?
I've got OnePad and I also downloaded a PS3 controller driver. It connects fine using bluetooth, it just doesn't seem to agree with the program very well!
I get this message before the crash:

jpx235
PS2RNA: sceSifAllocIopHeap(266304) ret=0x000bdd00
PS2RNA: sceSifAllocIopHeap(2256) ret=0x000fee00
PS2RNA: sceSifAllocIopHeap(16448) ret=0x000ff700
DVCI: File cache was not hit. "\DATA.CVM;1"
DVCI: File cache was not hit. "\BGM.CVM;1"
DVCI: File cache was not hit. "\BTL.CVM;1"
Offset 0xf307b000 invalid. Legit SIGSEGV. Aborting.
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 668 Bus error ./pcsx2

It's mega annoying! It'd be so great to be able to play using the controller so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oh! And if it makes any difference (doubt it will, but just in case), the game I'm trying to use the controller with is Persona 3 FES.

Thank you! Smile

Oh, and sorry for posting the same thing in two different threads!

As far as I know, PCSX2 is not very compitable with anything else than ye-olde-keyboard when it comes to controllers. Honestly, I dont even know what the Log is saying, but try to use the controller in another game, if you still end up with the 668 bus error, then I recommend giving up on the controller thing, if you get another error or it works, please post that here ^_^
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
OnePad? What exactly are you using for your PS3 controller?
Windows 7 x64 | Core i5 3570K @ 4.7ghz | nVidia Geforce GTX 760 | 8GB (2x4GB) Crucial Ballistax DDR3-1600 ram | Asus Xonar Essence STX | Logitech G500
I got it working by messing around with some settings but the frame rate has dropped to an unplayable level! I think you're right! I'll just stick with the keyboard... *sigh*

Thank you for helping! Smile
Bluetooth?? lol.... try a wired gamepad . The x360 wired works OK, not 100% but Ok. The driver is 3rd party. Mac sucks for games.