PS3 to PCSX2
Hi guys. This is my first post here, so, hello xP

I've got the last version of PCSX2, 0.9.6. I have it for running FFX and Metal GearSolid 3. The thing is... in both games, I'm pretty forward, and I do not like to start from zero... the saves are on a PS3, with Memory card adaptor.

Can I convert those saves to use them with my PCSX2? From PS3/PSV with the memory adapter, I can put them inside the PS2 Memory in the normal PS2 format, readable by them. After that, what's the next step?

Also little question. my games run at 512x416. In a 1080p that's not exactly comfortable for the sight. Can I change the native resolution of my games? I use the GS plugin, DX10, SSE3.

I will thank any help, really.

Sponsored links

I can't answer your first question, but I can answer your second one. In the Gsdx configuration screen, change the D3D internal res to whatever you like, and uncheck the native box.
As far as converting the PS3 saves, I don't believe there is a method yet. You might try fiddling around with MyMC and PS2 Save Builder to see if you can extract just the save data for the game, and then import it to the Virtual Memory Card for PCSX2 using MyMC.
Intel Core 2 Duo QX9750 Extreme Edition | eVGA 790i FTW | BFG GTX 280 OC 1GB | 8GB of Patriot Viper
as the others, I can't answer the first question
about the others, it has been told above me, however take in account that it might render the game unplayable if your card is not good enough
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
I can help you with your first question as I have a 60GB PS3 as well and recently moved all my saves over.

First of all just copy your save from your PS2 virtual memory card over to a USB drive.

Put the USB drive in your computer and you should see a folder like PS3 on there. Click on it, then click on EXPORT, then PSV, and you should see your save there. Something like BASCUS-128888 something

Then using the program PSV Exporter go to file, open PSV file and open up your save game. Then go to file and extract all files and choose where to save it. You should see a folder with the same title as your save.

Then using the program PS2 Save Builder, open it up and in the root/ID field type in the name of the save folder you just created exactly, same charaters, numbers, everything that appears as the name of the folder. Should be of the type BASCUS-128888 something

Then go to file, then save as, then for file type choose the type with a .xps extension, should be X-Port 2 or something like that. You can name this save whatever you wish.

Then using the mymc program, open up mymc-gui, then pick your PCSX2 memory card, go to file, then import, and then pick your save file.

Exit, and now your save that was originally on your PS3 is now on your memory card ready for use by PCSX2.

Now if only I knew a way to go from a PCSX2 save file, and then back to the PS3 or PS2 I would be pretty happy, preferrably a way to go back to the PS3 as I don't want to dig the PS2 back out of the closet.
It worked!!! Laugh

Thank you so much Wink
(06-04-2009, 06:52 AM)Dadaluma83 Wrote: I can help you with your first question as I have a 60GB PS3 as well and recently moved all my saves over.

First of all just copy your save from your PS2 virtual memory card over to a USB drive.

Put the USB drive in your computer and you should see a folder like PS3 on there. Click on it, then click on EXPORT, then PSV, and you should see your save there. Something like BASCUS-128888 something

Then using the program PSV Exporter go to file, open PSV file and open up your save game. Then go to file and extract all files and choose where to save it. You should see a folder with the same title as your save.

Then using the program PS2 Save Builder, open it up and in the root/ID field type in the name of the save folder you just created exactly, same charaters, numbers, everything that appears as the name of the folder. Should be of the type BASCUS-128888 something

Then go to file, then save as, then for file type choose the type with a .xps extension, should be X-Port 2 or something like that. You can name this save whatever you wish.

Then using the mymc program, open up mymc-gui, then pick your PCSX2 memory card, go to file, then import, and then pick your save file.

Exit, and now your save that was originally on your PS3 is now on your memory card ready for use by PCSX2.

Now if only I knew a way to go from a PCSX2 save file, and then back to the PS3 or PS2 I would be pretty happy, preferrably a way to go back to the PS3 as I don't want to dig the PS2 back out of the closet.

excellent and useful post! adding a link to this guide in to our FAQ's
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Man, it's too bad they removed PS2 backwards compatibility from the 80 gig PS3's like mine. Otherwise I would use mine to play my PS2 games that run slow on the emulator and at least get some basic upmixing, and transfer my saves over later.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
I tried doing this but its not working for me, PS2 Save Builder doesnt find any files in the folder that the files extracted to so i cant open them.
Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
I still cant get PS Savebuilder to recognize the 3 files that PSV Exporter extracts. The only files PS2 Savebuilder seems to look for are, pws, max, cbs, psu, npo, spo, sps, md, p2m, xpo, xps. None of the files PSV Exporter are any of those extentions, what i get is a .sys, an icon file and another file with no file extension, ive tried making the 3rd file match one of those but it still doesnt seem to work. Im lost on what im missing.

*EDIT* Err cant delete post, but i got it working by adding the file, i totally missed that till just now.
Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT