PSCX2 Message - Lilypad
Now I managed to get it working without having to remove everything. I unchecked all the "use default location" boxes during inital setup and that seems to have fixed it.

Sponsored links

Just use a configured LilyPad plugin (LilyPad 0.9.9) from a previous version, at least until the bug is fixed. It worked for me Laugh
Everyone reading this thread where the original issue is pretty common, the reason pretty known and the solution pretty simple (at least for PCSX2, can be very annoying in others applications); reinstall!

The reason for all those can't write, access denied and the likes are due the application installed in the C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) folders. These are specially protected folders for Vista and Seven.

The workarounds will be always any combination of these: Mess with the folders and files access rights, run as The Administrator, turn off UAC...

The SOLUTION: Avoid installing games in those folders or any specially protected folder. Create some common folder, something like
C:\Games or even in another disc or partition like D:\SomeName and install games "There"

Do it for any game you install from now and on, you can't be sorry accustoming to do so. No more headaches, no more access denied, no more troubles of the kind at all.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Heart 
(08-15-2010, 02:13 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Everyone reading this thread where the original issue is pretty common, the reason pretty known and the solution pretty simple (at least for PCSX2, can be very annoying in others applications); reinstall!

The reason for all those can't write, access denied and the likes are due the application installed in the C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) folders. These are specially protected folders for Vista and Seven.

The workarounds will be always any combination of these: Mess with the folders and files access rights, run as The Administrator, turn off UAC...

The SOLUTION: Avoid installing games in those folders or any specially protected folder. Create some common folder, something like
C:\Games or even in another disc or partition like D:\SomeName and install games "There"

Do it for any game you install from now and on, you can't be sorry accustoming to do so. No more headaches, no more access denied, no more troubles of the kind at all.

I had already tried to install pcsx2 0.9.7 in a different partition, which didn't require administrator permisson, but it didn't work.

Even though I set the bios, plugins, mmcards, sstates, snaps and logs files to a folder in my D: disc intead of setting them in the documents file (located in the C: disc), it didn't solve the problem. However, after doing this you can save the game in the memory cards and creaty/modify files located in these folders.

The problem lies in the inis file, as you can't change its directory from C:\Documents, meaning you won't be able to make any changes to the LilyPad as it's protected and read-only. Also, don't try to change your LilyPad settings directly in the LilyPad file located in the inis folder, you'll just be wasting your time - you can't bind the key to keyboard, controller, etc.

(08-14-2010, 07:07 PM)IkyA Wrote: Just use a configured LilyPad plugin (LilyPad 0.9.9) from a previous version, at least until the bug is fixed. It worked for me Laugh
Actually having the ini files as any config file and saves and the likes in the Documents folder is not a problem, it is a default indeed, what shouldn't be there is the executable.

Maybe you are experimenting an already messed permissions issue. But, of course if the ini files are marked as read only that's the reason, just change the attributes and everything should run smoothly.

PS: make sure you (the user) has write access to the entire PCSX2 folder. It should be so already but at this point anything is possible. Do it in the "Security" tab in it's properties. Notice the security is on groups/users base, don't rely only in that "general" attributes, that Documents folder is actually meant to be inaccessible to anyone not the user, including "the administrator" account itself. it can change the permissions there but not directly change things without allowing itself there first.
PS2: Notice if the game (the emulator in this case) is installed outside those "protected" folders you shouldn't (and MUST not) run as The Administrator anymore. What can create some problem is the UAC seated too much aggressive, there are known reports about it denying things simply and not giving a warning message ever. UAC seated in the second step should be enough for most purposes. Personally I deactivate it once and for all but I don't advise it to others.
Imagination is where we are truly real