PSOne Widescreen Patches
(11-02-2020, 03:11 PM)Italiano Wrote: dear el patas,

I will send you some pictures. maybe you can get a better understanding. use a ps2 hdmi dongle. can only start the games when i change it to 1080i. normal original image does not work for me. no signal when I want to start the game. when i'm in the game's menu, the image is wide and full. but when i start a contest the picture gets smaller 4: 3 and no longer has a full picture. see the photos.

Sponsored links

dear el patas,

I will send you some pictures. maybe you can get a better understanding. use a ps2 hdmi dongle. can only start the games when i change it to 1080i. normal original image does not work for me. no signal when I want to start the game. when i'm in the game's menu, the image is wide and full. but when i start a contest the picture gets smaller 4: 3 and no longer has a full picture. see the photos.
@Italiano, you are using the game with the ID SLPM-87056?

Do you load the original game from the real drive? or a backup using the Breaker Pro? or you are using the POPS emulator for PS2?

Best regards.
(11-03-2020, 11:47 PM)El_Patas Wrote: @Italiano, you are using the game with the ID SLPM-87056?

Do you load the original game from the real drive? or a backup using the Breaker Pro? or you are using the POPS emulator for PS2?

Best regards.
 Dear El Patas,

I use the game from POPS. XX.Winning eleven 2002.ELF file. 
GAME ID: SLPM-870.56.
PS2 HDMI DONGLE FROM CHINA.

I DID EVERYTHING BUT CANT STRETCH THE GAME TO 16:9 WHEN I START THE MATCH.
(11-04-2020, 02:11 AM)Italiano Wrote:  Dear El Patas,

I use the game from POPS. XX.Winning eleven 2002.ELF file. 
GAME ID: SLPM-870.56.
PS2 HDMI DONGLE FROM CHINA.

I DID EVERYTHING BUT CANT STRETCH THE GAME TO 16:9 WHEN I START THE MATCH.

@Italiano, Have you written the $ symbol at the beginning of all the lines of the codes?

You need to type that symbol for the codes to work with the POPS.

And please do not write here the texts in caps or big sizes.

Best regards.
(11-04-2020, 10:33 AM)El_Patas Wrote: @Italiano, Have you written the $ symbol at the beginning of all the lines of the codes?

You need to type that symbol for the codes to work with the POPS.

And please do not write here the texts in caps or big sizes.

Best regards.

Hello el patas,

have done everything neatly how it is described in the text. have also watched videos how to do it but unfortunately without result. also send you photo of how i did it. maybe i did something wrong.
@Italiano, try disabling the SAFEMODE command, delete the $ symbol only in the SAFEMODE command.

Best regards.
(11-04-2020, 03:32 PM)El_Patas Wrote: @Italiano, try disabling the SAFEMODE command, delete the $ symbol only in the SAFEMODE command.

Best regards.

dear el patas,

tried as you said but unfortunately failed. find it strange why the widescreen code doesn't work for me. do you have any other ideas?
maybe the problem is with the ps2 hdmi dongle. that the hdmi dongle can only play 4: 3. but why do I have a full screen during the game menu before starting a match. and when i start a match the image is rotated to 4: 3
@Italiano

Not sure what your issue is with POPS, I have never used it myself.
I have used the PS2 hdmi dongle and I have run into issues outputting a proper widescreen image with PS2 games using only GSM and with PS2rd.

The problem is the ps2 hdmi dongle, it is not good in my opinion. I would recommend using official Sony component cables or HD Retrovision Component cables and use a Retrotink if your tv does not have Component inputs.