PSOne Widescreen Patches
Thank you at you, for your tutorial and support, i'm trying to make new patches, in previous games i tried and
encountered some values using the option of add manually nearby adressess but never are the x-fov ones.

Surely for most of this games which you can encounter a zoom or the y-fov can have very near the x-fov,
but for some reason they don't appear, is a pity.

For the two games of "This is Football" i encountered the right widescreen codes, but then i noticed that this
games have already an in game widescreen option and they are well made.

With the codes the games needs a render fix, appears black parts in both sides of the screen, and off course
using the in game widescreen option all is fine, which probably means that the programmers of this games they
needed apply a render fix.

The queston is if from our side we can discover and apply this render fixes.

Best regards.

Sponsored links

(09-12-2015, 12:19 PM)El_Patas Wrote: Thank you at you, for your tutorial and support, i'm trying to make new patches, in previous games i tried and
encountered some values using the option of add manually nearby adressess but never are the x-fov ones.

Surely for most of this games which you can encounter a zoom or the y-fov can have very near the x-fov,
but for some reason they don't appear, is a pity.

For the two games of "This is Football" i encountered the right widescreen codes, but then i noticed that this
games have already an in game widescreen option and they are well made.

With the codes the games needs a render fix, appears black parts in both sides of the screen, and off course
using the in game widescreen option all is fine, which probably means that the programmers of this games they
needed apply a render fix.

The queston is if from our side we can discover and apply this render fixes.

Best regards.

I was trying to understand what TIS does for it's render area but I found out that it does a really unorthodox thing for Widescreen.
Depending on the camera being used it has a different width address so it's like 10 addresses responsible for width, all with the same value.
This makes it really hard to spot what address is responsible for the render area but It's not impossible I guess, somebody with a bit of ASM knowledge could find exactly what addresses are being modified when modifying Widescreen option from OFF to ON.
I see, then from what you say seems that for have an effective method is needed the knowledge of ASM.
Thank you for tryng things, i hope that appears more people who can help with ASM or with anything.

I started to encounter widescreen codes which are lost in the moment you move the camera to the sides
of the screen, i suppose that this problems happens because are adressess modified in the memory and
not in the elf file? i don't know, but it is very frustrating that after much work when you finally find a
right widescreen address is lost when you move the camera to the sides, damn.

Best regards.
More incoming:

X-Men - Mutant Academy (NTSC-U) (SLUS-00774)
Code:
Widescreen
80096A00 1333

Eyefinity
80096A00 0666

X-Men - Mutant Academy 2 (NTSC-U) (SLUS-01382)
Code:
Widescreen
800A26FC 1333

Eyefinity
800A26FC 0666
Any news on the possibility of the MegaMan Legends games getting Widescreen?

PSP version has it, so it should be possible?
|| Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA G3 850w PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||
(09-14-2015, 10:43 PM)Mkilbride Wrote: Any news on the possibility of the MegaMan Legends games getting Widescreen?

PSP version has it, so it should be possible?

Not really possible, while the game looks like it emulates a PS1 game, it's rebuilt from the original source.
While it looks identical, in the background it's a completely different game.
I mean to hack it in. If the PSP version which is basically running a PS1 iso, there should be some way to do that to the original, kinda like a ton of these games which don't supportit.
|| Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA G3 850w PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||
(09-15-2015, 03:02 AM)Mkilbride Wrote: I mean to hack it in. If the PSP version which is basically running a PS1 iso, there should be some way to do that to the original, kinda like a ton of these games which don't supportit.

It's not running a PS1 iso, it's a brand new game built from the source code recycling PS1 models/elements etc, if you decompile the iso of the PSP release you will understand what I mean. Megaman Legends games for PSP are native PSP games, not PS1 games running through POPs. It is going to be as possible as porting a PS2 widescreen patch of a multiplatform game to an other console.
But I mean, can nothing be done for MegaMan Legends? I mean that it being widesceen doesn't seem to have any issues, stretch wise. It reuses the same assets afterall.
Something could be done I guess, but the PSP version will not help or prove anything. :/