PSOne Widescreen Patches
Should be possible in megaman legends

Sponsored links

Great work. I think Aqua GT is wrong, it doesnt work for me (at least with PAL version).

(07-15-2014, 02:14 PM)stranno Wrote: Great work. I think Aqua GT is wrong, it doesnt work for me (at least with PAL version).

Great, even though I get a bit crazy seeing 3 different games with alot of motion on the same video at the same time! XD
Are you sure Aqua GT is the same disc code as the one I posted?

EDIT: Tested again and it seems to work here.
I'll check again but i am pretty much sure it was the right ID. I think there's only one PAL version of the game.
This is awesome news about ps1 games running in 16:9.
Do these Colin mcRae games with the hex edit run in widescreen on a real ps1?
I could do these hex edits, burn to cd and play on a real ps1?

Also ..... I know I'm really pushing my luck here.
16:9 Request for 'Side By Side Special' or 'Side By Side Special 2000'
16:9 Request for Ridge Racer Type 4
Wouldn't these just be lovely in 16:9. I can wait, no rush
(07-15-2014, 11:34 PM)d123456 Wrote: This is awesome news about ps1 games running in 16:9.
Do these Colin mcRae games with the hex edit run in widescreen on a real ps1?
I could do these hex edits, burn to cd and play on a real ps1?

Also ..... I know I'm really pushing my luck here.
16:9 Request for 'Side By Side Special' or 'Side By Side Special 2000'
16:9 Request for Ridge Racer Type 4
Wouldn't these just be lovely in 16:9. I can wait, no rush

Yes. You can use a hex edited copy of the game to play it in 16:9 on a real playstation.

At this time however, requests are not possible because there is no guaranteed way of making ps1 widescreen codes due to the nature of their programming. I will, however look into your request and see what I can do.
(07-16-2014, 12:58 AM)PsxFan107 Wrote: Yes. You can use a hex edited copy of the game to play it in 16:9 on a real playstation.

At this time however, requests are not possible because there is no guaranteed way of making ps1 widescreen codes due to the nature of their programming. I will, however look into your request and see what I can do.

If you could help me with that I'd be really happy because it's pure brainstorming with those games to find what's going on.
Also how can you patch an ISO with those codes? Some of the ones I have here have a value that corrects the game's native 16:9 which is wrong. We could overwrite the value that the game sets on 16:9.

Also if you get missing geometry, if you set Off-Screen drawing to "Extended" it can help alot.

I think the most approachable (by complexity) to patch games are the Crash series games, not that they are not hard, but they seem to be alot easier than the rest I tried to patch out of the blue.
Making an ISO patch is slightly complicated but not too difficult. It also requires use of a debugger.

Here's an example with pac-man world:

First I get into gameplay

Next, I open psxfin's debugger (Debug>Monitor>R3000) and set a "Write" breakpoint on 80150FF0 (Widescreen value).

Now, I go back to the game and switch from normal tv to widescreen tv. This causes the game to freeze because the debugger is halting execution of the game's programming to show me what is writing to the address that holds the widescreen value.

I had to press F9 after it initially snapped because it didn't put me in the right spot. This is where I landed:

The 0x0E00 at address 800245d8 should look familiar. That is because this is where the widescreen value is stored. All we must do now is open the iso in a hex editor and look for 00 0e 03 24 (It will be the 3rd result). Then replace the "e" with a "c" and now the value will be patched into the iso.
All games except the two Colin McRae Rally games, the math they do to set the native widescreen option is incorrect (I have comparison screens for the Pac-Man World game). For 4:3 it sets it to 1000, on the game's native 16:9 it sets it to 0E00 (which results into incorrect math, 4096/3584 = ~1,14), so for my fix I correct the math using 0C00 (4096/1,333333... = 3072).
I misread your post, I just posted a tutorial.