PSOne Widescreen Patches
(11-25-2016, 04:32 AM)El_Patas Wrote: About the menu when i readed at first the word "fix" i though that the menu have anything broken in terms of graphic problems,
but i suppose that do you refer for how to put it also in widescreen.
From what i remember the adress for the menu was near of the one for the game, but is possible that just do not exist for this
other versions of the game, at least with the same search value, it happened to me also with some other game.

Yep, that's what I meant - I should have been more explicit, sorry. Thank for your clarification, too bad it can't be fixed. 

Did someone already managed to fix this kind of issue ? Megaman got distorded when I switch game from 4:3 to 16:9. :/

[Image: sans_titre_1_by_shaolinassassin-daplbp1.png]

MegaMan Legends - NTSC-U
00B1E566 0C00 / 1000

I take ws port requests - if someone is interested (Gameshark codes only, I don't know yet how to make HEX patch).

Sponsored links

That is just Megaman model scale.
Current feeling about this

[Image: 801347bottepaille_by_shaolinassassin-dapusf9.jpg]

Laugh
PSP 6.60 Pro Fix 3, Popsloader 3.80 and 6.60 test:

1. Saiyuki Journey West, Widescreen Hex Patch, Freezes on Boot Screen
2. Vanguard Bandits, widescreen Hex Patch, Freezes on Boot Screen

I guess its a moot point for PSP, didn't try the cheat engine and widescreen patch, given these results, got the hex values from this thread, a few pages past the first.  Apparently, the emulated psx ram values are different? its about 80000000 for epsxe, stated in OP, then different for everything else, anyway, thanks, just gave up on psx widescreen though.

I'll come back later after I try to use the cheat engine on the psp, for the gameshark esque values, never used it before, but maybe can enable the cheat codes after the boot screen? (too busy right now, be back in a day or so, just finished some ICON0/PIC1 files for a few psx games on the psp)

EDIT ---- I'm Back
EDIT ---- I'm Back
EDIT ---- I'm Back
EDIT ---- I'm Back

6.60 Pro C3 CFW: inside the "SEPLUGINS" folder i have pops.txt with the following lines (did not work with GAME.txt or GAME150.txt):

ms0:/seplugins/popsloader/popsloader.prx 1
ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheat.prx 1
ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheatpops.prx 1

Added the following lines to the "cheatpops.db" file for "Vangard Bandits", Widescreen:

_S SLUS_01070
_G Vanguard Bandits
_C0 Widescreen 16:9
_L 800710A8 0C00
_L 800710C8 0C00
_L 800B7F1C 1000
_L 800E0B50 1000

Enabled the code by pressing select for 3 seconds on the title menu, after it passed the boot screen, since it freezes there using the hex patch.  The widescreen values I got from the patch archive, didn't try "TempAR".  Widescreen Works (it distorts the first introduction scene slightly, but ingame appears fine).

(The Attachment has Vanguard Bandits Widescreen for the PSP added to it only, the cheatspops.db file for use with cwcheat0.23, gona test a few more games and add them, so maybe an update in a few days - Attachment Removed)

("cwcheat" only seemed to work on Vanguard Bandits, switched to TempAR, seems to work with the other I tried also)
(01-20-2017, 11:14 PM)psalmsamuel Wrote: PSP 6.60 Pro Fix 3, Popsloader 3.80 and 6.60 test:

1. Saiyuki Journey West, Widescreen Hex Patch, Freezes on Boot Screen
2. Vanguard Bandits, widescreen Hex Patch, Freezes on Boot Screen

I guess its a moot point for PSP, didn't try the cheat engine and widescreen patch, given these results, got the hex values from this thread, a few pages past the first.  Apparently, the emulated psx ram values are different? its about 80000000 for epsxe, stated in OP, then different for everything else, anyway, thanks, just gave up on psx widescreen though.

I'll come back later after I try to use the cheat engine on the psp, for the gameshark esque values, never used it before, but maybe can enable the cheat codes after the boot screen? (too busy right now, be back in a day or so, just finished some ICON0/PIC1 files for a few psx games on the psp)

EDIT ---- I'm Back
EDIT ---- I'm Back
EDIT ---- I'm Back
EDIT ---- I'm Back

6.60 Pro C3 CFW: inside the "SEPLUGINS" folder i have pops.txt with the following lines (did not work with GAME.txt or GAME150.txt):

ms0:/seplugins/popsloader/popsloader.prx 1
ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheat.prx 1
ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheatpops.prx 1

Added the following lines to the "cheatpops.db" file for "Vangard Bandits", Widescreen:

_S SLUS_01070
_G Vanguard Bandits
_C0 Widescreen 16:9
_L 800710A8 0C00
_L 800710C8 0C00
_L 800B7F1C 1000
_L 800E0B50 1000

Enabled the code by pressing select for 3 seconds on the title menu, after it passed the boot screen, since it freezes there using the hex patch.  The widescreen values I got from the patch archive, didn't try "TempAR".  Widescreen Works (it distorts the first introduction scene slightly, but ingame appears fine).

(The Attachment has Vanguard Bandits Widescreen for the PSP added to it only, the cheatspops.db file for use with cwcheat0.23, gona test a few more games and add them, so maybe an update in a few days)
All hex patches are applied to the image of the game is only once and does not require any plug-ins (for PSP). It is necessary to extract the executable file from image of the game, replaced corresponding hex value in this file and insert the modified file back into the image of the game by using cdmage.
[Image: Man.gif]Meduza Team
(01-23-2017, 09:11 AM)paul_met Wrote: All hex patches are applied to the image of the game is only once and does not require any plug-ins (for PSP). It is necessary to extract the executable file from image of the game, replaced corresponding hex value in this file and insert the modified file back into the image of the game by using cdmage.

(That method made the games Freeze on Boot, I switched to using "TempAR", as "cwcheat" would not identify all psx games)

TempAR Instructions (See Attachment -
.rar   TempAR _v1.63 Widescreen_17.rar (Size: 1,99 MB / Downloads: 392) )
(6.60 Pro C-Fix3, with popsloader installed on psp 2001, popsloader not included in the package (its already enabled from the pops.txt, if you have popsloader), drop the "SEPLUGINS" in the root of your psp memory card, and then from the vsh menu use "restart" or power off and then power on to enable the TempAR plugin)

Always Activate the Cheat on the title menu of the game or after the boot screen, if you activate the cheat during game play it may not register
(Instructions for using TempAR: Once you see your games title menu,  "HOLD R1 and PRESS the HOME Button", now you should see the cheats , scroll up and down using d-pad, press "X" on the cheat you want so it turns green, now press the L1 Button, you will see "CHEATS ON" in the right hand corner, now press the "HOME" button to exit Tempar's menu and return to game.  (If you do not see any cheats, but you added it correctly to the cheat4.db file for your game, then make sure the "cheat4.db" file is select by TempAR, press "R1 + HOME" to bring up the TempAR menu, now press R1 two times you will see another menu, scroll down to "Load Cheat File", and make sure it says "cheat4", press "X" on "save settings", then press L1 two times to back to the cheat selection menu, you should see your cheats, but you may need to restart your psp to refresh TempAR's settings that you saved)

Widescreen Test (added):
Saiyuki Journey West (ntsc) - Widescreen Works
Medievil (ntsc) - Widescreen Works
Vanguard Bandits (ntsc) - Widescreen Works
Legend of Dragoon
Parappa the Rappa
Un Lammy Jammy
Pepsi Man (NTSC-J)

Non-Widescreen Test (added):
Xenogears Text Speed UP tested on Xenogears (NTSC), with the Hard Type 1.4 Patch (works)
Project Horned Owl unlimited bullets tested (works)

MISC:
Added some cheats for Final Fantasy 7 (speed up text, etc.) (ntsc)
Added some cheats for Alundra (ntsc)
Added some codes for Sheep (ntsc)

Cleaned Up Cheats and Added (plus a few more) :
Steel Reign
FF7 + FF8 + FF9
Legend of Legaia
Koudelka
Rhapsody
Saga Frontier 1+2
Sheep
Suikoden 1+2
Grandia
Alundra
Abe's Odyssey + Exodus
Beyond the Beyond
Chrono Cross/Trigger
Pepsiman
Raystorm + Raycrisis
Galerians
Heart of Darkness
Evil Dead
Martian Gothic
Legend of Dragoon
Countdown Vampires

31 Character Naming Limited, Everything's Cleaned Up, for the Games I went over
Identifies only the first entry for standard or greatest hits, (left Abe Oddysee 1.1, deleted Abe Oddysee 1.0)
All NTSC-USA Widescreen Added to TempAR (cheat4 which has the ps1 hacks), finished cleanup, added Pepsiman NTSC-J widescreen, didn't add Deuce NTSC-U since it doesn't have standard SLUS address.
(01-23-2017, 10:35 PM)psalmsamuel Wrote: (That method made the games Freeze on Boot...
Nonsense. So, you're doing something wrong. On my PSP (5.00 M33-6) it works perfectly.
(01-23-2017, 11:04 PM)paul_met Wrote: Nonsense. So, you're doing something wrong. On my PSP (5.00 M33-6) it works perfectly.

Theres not enough hex patches to use the full library of the widescreen archive, let alone more than about three games, there's an easier solution for psp users. Also, I forgot to mention that I did extract the slus file, update the hex values, and then I inserted the file with a hex editor, instead of cdmage.

If cdmage somehow checks for and corrects crc?, but I didn't read anything about crc checks, other then that, manually patching the hex values enables them on startup, and they simply will not boot past the ps1 logo, some one left a note in the medievil patch in the official archive stating this same fact. You must enable the patch after the ps1 logo, to stop the freeze, without a cheat engine, best one is, TempAR, then your going to run into a lot of problems.
Effective immediately because of Chatterbox/Hardware discussion being restricted to registered members, this thread is moved to Tools/Applications/Homebrew so everyone can still access it. The same link will continue to work.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(01-24-2017, 07:10 AM)psalmsamuel Wrote: If cdmage somehow checks for and corrects crc?, but I didn't read anything about crc checks, other then that, manually patching the hex values enables them on startup, and they simply will not boot past the ps1 logo, some one left a note in the medievil patch in the official archive stating this same fact.  You must enable the patch after the ps1 logo, to stop the freeze, without a cheat engine, best one is, TempAR, then your going to run into a lot of problems.

It is necessary to insert the file back to image exclusively by Cdmage, because this tool corrects ECC/ EDC of the image. If patching the image directly by hexeditor, then the data will be different with the information in the EDC / ECC blocks. Otherwise this can cause errors when running any verification of conformity.