PSOne Widescreen Patches
(02-26-2017, 04:16 PM)gamemasterplc Wrote: Widescreen GameShark Code Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped NTSC-U:
80018A90 0C00
80018A92 2402
80018A94 1000
80018A96 2413
80018AB2 A633
Equivalent to GTE Hack.

Nice! So 80018AB2 is the address with the value I could not find what it was for. In general, I was checking the code of that region and I didn't get what it was for. (Well not that I know alot about ASM but it was mostly a result of trial and error) I figured the first 4 (the second and the 4th after trial and error mostly) but without that last one I was stuck. Finally!
I think I can patch 2 more games now. Let me check.

Sponsored links

Any news?
the code of that region was for initalizing the projection matrices that were to be sent to the GTE
It would be really nice to have a hack, which can be applicable to psp converted Eboot.PBP I am not sure about PSP / PS Vita cheat engines, I would need to make a research on that. Have anyone looked into how to apply widescreen patches to official PSN-PS1 on PSP / PSV eCFW?

Though, it would be nice to have applicable widescreen hacks for

1. Metal Gear Solid
2. Metal Gear Solid: VR missions
3. Silent Hill
4. Covert Ops: Nuclear Down
5. Dino Crisis 1&2 (The game uses 3D engine, not pre-renders)
Wait a minute, just joined to ask this, so it is possible to make a "EBOOT" file of a widescreen hack/game ?

Rather can you save the widescreen configurations for a PS1 game ?

Very interested in learning about this ^_^"
(04-22-2017, 04:57 PM)break Wrote: Wait a minute, just joined to ask this, so it is possible to make a "EBOOT" file of a widescreen hack/game ?

Rather can you save the widescreen configurations for a PS1 game ?  

Very interested in learning about this  ^_^"

Eboot.pbp is nothing else, but an encrypted original ISO image of the game with emulators settings. If the widescreen hack is ISO hex edit, you can extract iso from eboot, apply the hack with hex editor, and encrypt it back. I have seen some 4:3 ps2 games converted to work with ps3 in widescreen in this manner.

If the widescreen hack is a memory patch, psp plugins like TempAR or CWcheat should be able to inject the code on the fly, so no conversions is needed. This will be a much more elegant solution. 

TheFlow has released adrenaline v4 with PSX cheat plugins support. However, I have not researched if the memory patch codes in the archive are compatible with the plugin. Some reading needs to be done.
Widescreen GameShark Code Spyro the Dragon NTSC-U:
8001EDDE 241B
8001EDDC 0C00
80033C92 A7BB
This is an ASM hack. I did manage to thin text but spacing is still wide.
Widescreen GameShark Code Metal Gear Solid (Greatest Hits) NTSC-U:
80017A78 0C00
80017A7A 2402
This is an ASM hack
(04-25-2017, 12:54 AM)gamemasterplc Wrote: Widescreen GameShark Code Metal Gear Solid (Greatest Hits) NTSC-U:
80017A78 0C00
80017A7A 2402
This is an ASM hack

Holy guacamole! Thanks! Will it work with VR Missions?
nope, but porting may be possible to port