PSOne Widescreen Patches
It really isn't that hard to require a guide. Mednafen is a good emulator to see the dithering. Just look for value I mentioned. Here's an example for Driver.

Code:
#Driver [PAL-UK] (SLES-01816)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HEXADECIMAL VALUES by FlatOut
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//Disable dithering

Search for first entry of:
03 3C 00 02 63 34
Replace with:
03 3C 00 00 63 34

and
Code:
Disable dithering hack by FlatOut [PAL-UK]
#Driver disable dithering
80074C6C 0000

Sponsored links

(01-29-2018, 01:28 AM)FlatOut Wrote: Enabling dithering is different when using emulators. Some emulators/plugins enable or disable dithering by default without checking the game setting, making any game-based dithering hack useless. You also need these codes enabled on boot or they won't work either. As shown in one the screenshots on that forum, most dithering codes will be found in the same sequence (3C03 0200 6334, set 02 to 00 to disable it), so finding and disabling the dithering codes won't be that hard.

Thanks for that useful information - yeah, i see now that epsxe has some options about dithering in the video settings.
Code:
Disable dithering hack
$SAFEMODE

#Crash Bandicoot [NTSC-U] (SCUS-94900)
GAMESHARK/ACTION REPLAY CODES by ShaolinAssassin
//Disable dithering
800041394 0000

Code:
Disable dithering hack
$SAFEMODE

#Silent Hill [PAL] (SLES-01514)
GAMESHARK/ACTION REPLAY CODES by ShaolinAssassin
//Disable dithering
800197F0 0000

---

Finding these codes is easy. In attachement, I captured the settings for Cheat Engine.

- Scan type : "search for this array"
- Value : "033C00026334"

There will be very few results with these. Don't forget to add +2 to the adress you found with these settings.

---

BTW, there might be more values to search, since this sequence doesnt exist in Motor Toon Grand Prix (J) - and yet Chris made a patch for it.

Edit : for Motor Toon Grand Prix (J)

Value is : "2FAC1400BFAF"
Replacement is : "2FAC0000BFAF"

---

Shall we open a new thread for these codes ? It's kinda off-topic.

---

I created an archive with all codes we have.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   PSOne Dithering OFF Archive.rar (Size: 6,29 KB / Downloads: 182)
@ShaolinAssassin

Awesome, yea you should probably start a new thread since you already started the archive. I'll have to try and find some for some games when I get a chance but I doubt I'll be successful at it. Unless you are taking requests already? lol I can share it at assembler games too once its been made.
(01-30-2018, 07:41 PM)demilich Wrote: @ShaolinAssassin

I'll have to try and find some for some games when I get a chance but I doubt I'll be successful at it. Unless you are taking requests already?

Well, which one(s) would you like ? I can give a try.
Hokuto no Ken: Seikimatsu Kyûseishu Densetsu NTSC-J
Driver 2 NTSC U (Black case version)
Metal Gear Solid NTSC U (I have both Greatest Hits and Black case version)
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions NTSC U
Fear Effect NTSC U
Resident Evil 1 Director's Cut NTSC U (I have both Greatest Hits and Black case version)
Resident Evil 2 NTSC U (I have both Dual Shock and Black case version)
Alone in the Dark A new Nightmare NTSC U

Not sure if Greatest Hits versions are different than the Black case releases. I'm hoping to give it a try at finding some codes when I get a chance this weekend.

Thanks
(01-31-2018, 05:17 AM)demilich Wrote: Metal Gear Solid NTSC U (I have both Greatest Hits and Black case version)

I tried with this game - but coudlnt find anything with the known value to replace.

Maybe these patches by Chris could help better :

Code:
#Castlevania Chronicle - Akumajou Dracula [NTSC-J] (SLPM-86754)
//Disable dithering
8003ED68 0 // BG
800406E8 0 // FG, sprites
80043748 0 // intro BG

Code:
#Gradius Gaiden [NTSC-J] (SLPM-86042)//Disable dithering
80038AF0 0 // enemies, objects
8002D39C 0 // forground
8006ADA8 0 // background
8002D5A0 0 // title +

---

BTW guys, is "80038AF0 0" = "80038AF0 0000" ? Why only one 0 in the value ?

---

I created a thread dedicated to these codes : https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PSOne-Di...FF-patches
(01-31-2018, 11:07 AM)ShaolinAssassin Wrote: I tried with this game - but coudlnt find anything with the known value to replace.
because there no values to replace
to achive proper ws two variables must be multiplied on proper value
one variable near matrix value that current patch modifies other value in other function
I've been trying to get Hokuto no Ken Seiki Matsukyu Seishi Densetsu NTSC-J to work in widescreen.
I think I found the address.
80166C00 0C00

The only problem I found is that running on my PS1 console it gets stuck on the startup screen. Before that though, there is a in-game sequence that does in fact run in widescreen with the code.

The original adress is 00BF22A0 and I change the value from 1000 to 0C00 to get the widescreen. One thing I noted is that the value for this same address is at 6BFC at the start screen where it gets stuck.
So that code I'm running is 80166C00 0C00 so I'm wondering if the start up screen is not liking this value change of 0C00. Is there a way I can work around this? Now on ePSXe value of 1000 for adress 00BF22A0 only changes to 6BFC in the start menu. Just wondering what I could to do change this. Maybe a different adress but keep the value of 6BFC?
BTW this is my first attempt at any PS1 widescreen hack.
Thanks
I have these WS codes for quite some time now... They were taken from a PS1 codes list and made by krHACKen. Most (if not all) are ports. Sorry, some gameID are missing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.7z   kHn_WS.7z (Size: 1,44 KB / Downloads: 185)