PSOne Widescreen Patches
Can it's possible to convert some of those gameshark 16:9 codes from NTSC-U to PAL or NTSC-J? I want widescreen 16:9/21:9/eyefinity gameshark patches for those ps1 games:

NTSC-US

A Bug's life (both for v1.0 and v1.1 versions)
Toy Story 2
MediEvil 2
Rayman 2: The Great Escape (a 16:9/16:10 widescreen .pnach patch for NTSC-U and PAL versions exists for the ps2 versions, but i'm requesting for the ps1 version)
Mortal Kombat: Special Forces
Mortal Kombat 4
Croc 2
C-12: Final Resistance
Aladdin: Nasira's Revenge
Quake 2 (there is a patch for the PAL version but no for the NTSC-US version D: )
Resident Evil (both for Director's Cut, Normal and Dualshock versions)
Resident Evil 2 (both for all 2 discs and normal/dualshock versions)
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Tekken 1, 2 and 3
Alien Resurrection

NTSC-J versions
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex no Gyakushuu!
Crash Bandicoot 3: Buttobi! Sekai Isshuu
Crash Bandicoot Carnival
Crash Bandicoot Racing

Sponsored links

(04-13-2018, 06:22 AM)demilich Wrote: @Shenmue_Trilogy
I don't think its completely possible. The only thing that would be able to be render in widescreen would be the 3d models. The backgrounds are all pre-rendered at a 4:3 aspect ratio like Resident Evil 1,2, and 3. All that could be possible would be to stretch the backgrounds to 16:9 and fix the 3d models to 16:9.

Well, the backgrounds in Parasite Eve1 or FF7 are pre-rendered but not all are static. Resident Evil has only static backgrounds.

Here is a example:

0.27min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cVm9GKs...995BDFADD1
(04-12-2018, 03:25 PM)paul_met Wrote: Now Diablo extra widescreen patch is available for download:
http://meduza-team.ucoz.net/publ/romkhak...1/3-1-0-14

Awesome! Thank you.

Question: I'm using this on PS Vita Adrenaline, and the HUD flashes like crazy sometimes, is this normal?
(04-17-2018, 07:30 PM)vampirexhunter Wrote: Question: I'm using this on PS Vita Adrenaline, and the HUD flashes like crazy sometimes, is this normal?

It seems for PS Vita Adrenaline it is normal, because on emulators like ePSXe or PCSX-R nothing flashes.
[Image: Man.gif]Meduza Team
I was looking into the archive and it seems to be a collection of game shark cheats.

Is there a collection of IPS patches?
I use mostly the PS-IO to play it and it would be way easier to just make a folder with widescreen images ready to go instead of relying on game shark codes.
For some reason all my edits on the previews post are not being saved.

IPS I meant ISO. PPF patches.
I'm looking into Metal Gear Solid widescreen plus no dithering and silent hill widescreen and no dithering to run on original hardware.
(04-17-2018, 08:18 PM)paul_met Wrote: It seems for PS Vita Adrenaline it is normal, because on emulators like ePSXe or PCSX-R nothing flashes.
youtube.com/watch?v=fRILc6ba4Ok&t=

its not a bad release, the author said his patches were for emulators not consoles, so it was probably made to be broken on the official emulator aka adrenaline on vita.

it should work fine on the "retropie", spending a few days editing things, but I will test this and alundra on the retropie 4.4 image on retropie 3, in a day or so.

these releases use more ram, because its not a just a "field of view edit", its editing a bunch of hardcoded files and it requires "ram", more "ram", then the accurate-to-emulate-console-emulators.

I guess the author is finished, mega man x's, silhouette mirage, "azure dreams", actually there's some game that fit the profile of the games the author like to modify, actually a few more.
(04-26-2018, 11:24 PM)psalmsamuel Wrote: its not a bad release, the author said his patches were for emulators not consoles, so it was probably made to be broken on the official emulator aka adrenaline on vita.

it should work fine on the "retropie", spending a few days editing things, but I will test this and alundra on the retropie 4.4 image on retropie 3, in a day or so.

these releases use more ram, because its not a just a "field of view edit", its editing a bunch of hardcoded files and it requires "ram", more "ram", then the accurate-to-emulate-console-emulators.

I guess the author is finished, mega man x's, silhouette mirage, "azure dreams", actually there's some game that fit the profile of the games the author like to modify, actually a few more.
What kind of author are you talking about? It is my hacks for widescreen mode for Alundra and Diablo.
[Image: Man.gif]Meduza Team
(04-27-2018, 07:18 AM)paul_met Wrote: What kind of author are you talking about? It is my hacks for widescreen mode for Alundra and Diablo.

(I thought those were "postman-post and running man" patches.  the site that hosts those patches has a span server, so its not convenient to get the links from the mozilla browser)

Anyway, Congrats, amazing patches....................the psp has a remake of castlevania and it adds the missing sega saturn content, i think that makes maria playable...................other then that, the psx had the best version, I actually enjoyed the original english dub.................and, would never apply the difficulty patch that was released for it (hard mod), since it removes content.  Actually, I never even used the cheat that lets you keep the starting items, I feel bad that you even went though the trouble to X that out from the cheaters.

(as you know, the vita cheat ws engine is even more broken, widescreen patches still appear to work, but..............the portrait fix for saiyuki is broken, fortunate the hex edit fixes were releases, and I can play with that, the rest is meh...................breath of fire 3 on psp the remake included some bug fixes, so i'm very reluctant to go back to the psx version even if its blessed with widescreen! (there was some hard mod released for it months ago increasing hp, again, meh, the authors of that just missed the point of plain "fun")

EDIT

Saiyuki Journey West [SLUS-01381]
Code:
Widescreen mode (16:9)
-----------------------
Hex code (Thanks to edgbla)
Offset (in SLUS_013.81): 9a084
Old value: 0400E28C
New value: 000C0224

//Correction AR for portraits (dialogues)

Offset / Value:
0xE35C    3B
0xE33C    81

Widescreen hack by Paul_met

Hex code for Widescreen wasn't listed in the archive, but it was in the forum somewhere.  Anyway, I used "cdmage" and selected file type "mode 2 .bin" and then loaded the file, extracted the slus, open that in hex editor, where location "0xE35C", becomes "E35C", same for the other value, and the patch does work, selected "import file" and with "slus" file highlighted in cdmage selected the patch file "slus" and the iso was patched, worked....................(has inverted left right camera).....................adding this to retropie to fix the inverted controls with the rest of the bad framerate or bad controls the psp vita emulator doesn't handle well.  Also gona test those recent patches out later, after I finish editing the box art, and "gamelist.xml" files so they the games actually display in retropie.

Works Great on Retropie 3 (4.4 Stretch Image Installed to microsd card)

Alundra_WSHack_(v1.0)
Castlevania-SotN_(PSX-U)_QHack_(v1,2)
Diablo-ExtraWide_(patch v1.0)

these other games also work great, meaning no slowdown like adrenaline (not all games have slowdown on the psp vita emulator adrenaline, but these work better on the Retropie) (not to mention you can also fix the controls)

Alundra 2
Armored Core 1/2/3
Colony Wars 1/2/3
Croc 1/2
Dragon Warrior VII (freezes on Vita with no text)
Fromt mission 2/3
legend of legaia
spyro 1/2/3 (spyro games reported trouble on vita adrenaline)
ray storm/ray crisis
medievil 1/2
need for speed III
toon racing

Basically any full 3D Ps1 game with fast transition like a racer or action platformer, will have slowdown on the vita, metal gear for ps1 works fine, so do all the 2D stuff, and the final fantasy/parasite eves.

Personally, I recommend the Vita emulator adrenaline but, you can't fix bad controls there, "Chrone Cross PS1" has reputation for slowdown even on a real ps1, it may play better on a retropie, if you have a vita, you really only need a 32 gig memory card for the retropie 3, the system itself is very cheap,  I'll test playback on Chrono Cross versus retrope and vita later.....................three weeks in and I still haven't finished customizing all the controls for the 42/43 ps1 games I added to retropie, been a busy bee!

EDIT

Tested - PSN version of Chrono Cross on Vita Adrenaline 3.65, current version and versus a RETROPIE 3 with 4.4 Stretch installed (using pcsx-r only core available for psx) there is less frame skips/jumps, you can immediately tell from the hallway your character moves in after the game opens up.  I used the "Magus 1.1" patch for Chrono Cross on the Retropie 3.

Chrono Cross specifically, was just a trouble game plagued with frame jumps/skips.  Its just a little better on the Retropie.  Also, this is probably true for the Tomb Raider games if your into that.  Because of that kind of 3D engine. (using bilinear filter from retroarch menu option, and 2xSai shader on retropie 3).

(once again the Vita looks a tiny bit better, they both look about the same)
Toy Story 2 Widescreen GS Code NTSC-U:
8002CA58 4CCC
8002CA60 CCCC