PSOne Widescreen Patches
A Bug's Life (1.1) Widescreen GS Code NTSC-U:
80027DC0 4CCC
80027DC8 CCCD
Clipping bugs. Shares engine with Toy Story 2.

Sponsored links

What exactly is the problem with Silent Hill?

I figured it'd be easy since it's 3D. I wouldn't mind having a go at it.
Thanks much for the ws hacks, gamemasterplc.
Ah, about this new ws Code (only for greatest hits version), of MGS, it's both for the 2 discs?
@paul_met Could you try to fix the 2D parts of Digimon World 3? Atleast on these ones we know that there are things being rendered outside the 4:3 area, the game even takes advantage of the CD buffering on areas outside the 4:3 window and it has a loading texture placed over.
The game also is actually a really solid RPG. I would recommend it to anybody even if they are not Digimon fans.
(05-09-2018, 03:11 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: @paul_met Could you try to fix the 2D parts of Digimon World 3? Atleast on these ones we know that there are things being rendered outside the 4:3 area, the game even takes advantage of the CD buffering on areas outside the 4:3 window and it has a loading texture placed over.
The game also is actually a really solid RPG. I would recommend it to anybody even if they are not Digimon fans.

I do not have this game. From what primitives is consist the background of the 2D game mode? You can define it with the help of debugger No$PSX.
[Image: Man.gif]Meduza Team
Toy Story Racer Widescreen GS Code NTSC-U:
80033E58 4CCC
80033E5C CCCD
8004DC1C 4CCC
8004DC20 CCCD
8004DD00 4CCC
8004DD04 CCCD
8004DDB4 4CCC
8004DDBC CCCD
8004E3AC 4CCC
8004E3B0 CCCD
8006D948 4CCC
8006D950 CCCD
Fixes Most of GUI and 3D.
I forgot, create a 16:9/21:9/Eyefinity hack for

PAL
Crash Bandicoot 1
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Team Racing
Crash Bash
Mortal Kombat 4
MediEvil 2 (PAL Italian-Portuguese-Spanish)

NTSC-USA
Syphon Filter
Syphon Filter 2 (both for the 2 discs if it's possible)
Syphon Filter 3
Driver 2 (both for the 2 discs and v1.0/v1.1 versions, It doesn't worked (i used correct region and correct code))
Bomberman Fantasy Race (code doesn't worked (i used correct region and correct code))

NTSC-JAPAN
Tekken
Tekken 2
Tekken 3
Spyro the Dragon
Spyro and Sparx: Tondemo Tours

PS: For the 3 syphon Filter games, Port the codes from the PAL French version

Ah, and Thanks again for this New ws patch, gamemasterplc.
(03-01-2018, 03:34 AM)Argon Wrote: Thank you. Could you make a code for MGS: VR Missions, for sake of completion, please?

Is there a way to apply this code using cheat plugin to an encrypted official PSN image on  PSP / PS Vita / PS3? It would be neat, if it were possible.

(on the PSP, you use "TempAR" for widescreen codes, they all seem to work on psn releases)
(on the VITA, you use "CheatWS" for widescreen codes, they don't work on all psn releases)
(on the RETROPIE, yes they work recently tested)

RETROPIE Widescreen (Spyro.cht file, text document renamed)

Widescreen hack by Gamemasterplc (Gameshark/Action Replay) and Esppiral (Hexadecimal).
$SAFEMODE

#Spyro the Dragon [NTSC-U] (SCUS-94228)
Comment=This is an ASM hack. I did manage to thin text but spacing is still wide.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GAMESHARK/ACTION REPLAY CODES
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//Widescreen 16:9
8001EDDE 241B
8001EDDC 0C00
80033C92 A7BB
RETROPIE
cheats = 3

cheat0_desc = "Widescreen 16x9"
cheat0_code = "8001EDDE+241B"
cheat0_enable = true

cheat1_desc = "Widescreen 16x9"
cheat1_code = "8001EDDC+0C00"
cheat1_enable = true

cheat2_desc = "Widescreen 16x9"
cheat2_code = "80033C92+A7BB"
cheat2_enable = true

Once you select the cheat file and select "apply" it will work on the Retropie, unlike the PSP VITA/PSP you can't set the cheat file to auto load so you have to apply it manually each time, unless it is a cheat that gives an item or something you can save to your ingame save file or save state, the widescreen codes can't be saved that way.

Metal Gear Solid PSN version will not work on the PSP VITA on "CheatWS", the program requires a fix, or you have to use the ps1 version.  There's no difference on the Retropie, except it looks a tiny bit better on the psp with the right graphic settings, there's no slowdown on that game.  Also, I don't believe there is any crashes on Metal Gear Solid PS1 to Eboot for the VITA, so you can use "CheatWS" just not on the psn version.

(all sony did was change some memory addresses, thats how they fixed the crashes and why the program requires a fix to use that release, not all psn releases had those kinds of changes)

SOLUTION for Vita

(metal gear solid like chrono cross for the ps1, is notorious for crashes and bugs if your not using the PSN version, on the psp/vita..................install the psn version and ps1 eboot, and just use the vita/adrenaline emulator or psp emulator, MEMORY CARD MANAGER, and just transfer your game data between the ps1 eboot and official version if it crashes, or just skip the widescreen if it is too much trouble)

(the cheat softwares for vita/psp, is not completely broken, so it hasn't attracted anyone willing to fix it, you should try a retropie, but I don't recommend a retropie just for that game)

(Chrono Cross on Retropie 3B+ not overclocked or anything, not with updated firmware, runs a little better than the psn version using 2xSAI graphic filter.................together with that Spyro was recently fixed its frame rate, unless the game runs better or something, I wouldn't recommend it or using the widescreen for metal gear, if you don't want to have both ps1 and psn versions installed on the vita/psp)
(use the hex patch with "cdmage" extract tile then import file, you don't need to use the save or save as buttons) (that is the only way to avoid the cheat engines or codes at present, but there's no codes for all the games) (so far all the widescreen codes still seem to work on the Vita at present with the hacked 3.65 firmware using "CheatWS" if your using ps1 to eboot, as some psn don't work.............other cheat codes don't seem to work, less compatible now) (if that continues the next hacked firmware will not support any widescreen codes, if its that important, maybe consider a "RETROPIE")

EDIT

Spyro 1/2/3 Widescreen Patches (these games are broken on the vita, didn't waste the time to test them there but), on the RETROPIE the widescreen patches makes the games more choppy, which the recent "source download" of the emulator fixed............(Vagrant Story, seems to add choppiness too).................Croc Widescreen seems ok, Saiyuki Journey West Widescreen seems ok too...................after applying the widescreen cheat file, GAMENAME.cht, restart the game from the retroarch menu opiton, then the widescreen is applied

(the Vita for those games doesn't play full 3D very well (versus RETROPIE), so you'll have added slowdown too, so applying widescreen to the PSN version of Metal Gear is probably not your best option after all!)
Wait there is a wide-screen hack for Croc?