PSOne Widescreen Patches
(12-02-2018, 12:37 PM)ynos_xsp Wrote: Thanks, it would be great if it turns out possible to enforce widesecreen on real hardware.

Confirmed, The widescreen cheat of Quake 2 (us) doesn't worked. I tested on my Android phone. Game launches, but the cheat doesn't have effect.

Sponsored links

Anyone lucky with Tail concerto? it is a beautiful and underrated psx gem.
(12-04-2018, 01:11 PM)Esppiral Wrote: Anyone lucky with Tail concerto? it is a beautiful and underrated psx gem.

A while back I tried finding a code for this game but only found one that modifies the character, but not the Environment. Maybe someone else can give it a try and find the second code. This was only for

Tail Concerto NTSC U

Search: 1000

Address: 00B18FCA
I've found a value that changes the aspect ratio, it can even be patched in to the game, sadly the aspect ratio changes back and forth

00b3a17e 0ffe (4094)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-05-2018, 11:07 AM)Esppiral Wrote: I've found a value that changes the aspect ratio, it can even be patched in to the game, sadly the aspect ratio changes back and forth

00b3a17e 0ffe (4094)

Awesome, I think I had a similar issue a while back trying to find a code for

Hellboy NTSC U

Search: 1000

Address found: 00B01CDC

The issue is that the camera stutters and goes back and forth between 4:3 and 16:9.

8007663C 1333

Has anyone encountered a similar issue?
@Esppiral

Do you have a list of values you search for that are not in the guide? Would be nice to have those!

Thanks
(11-21-2018, 07:15 PM)Esppiral Wrote: SLUS_010.87;1 RESIDENT EVIL SURVIVOR.
Code:
80045B90 0C00

Thank you for this code, much appreciated. 

While this game was never released in PSN, I think I would need to give up using official PSN encrypted images, as they doesn't allow widescreen modifications on PS3/ PSTV. 

---------------------------------------------

Apologies, some off topic:

I have seen your Xbox Widescreen patches tread on assemblergames, however a broken new user registration didn't allow me to contribute to the tread (New users cannot comment there). I tried to PM you here, but you don't seem to check the inbox.
  • A widescreen HEX code for Bad Boys: Miami Takedown [NTSC], requires 7 replacements in total, which seemed a bit unusual, is it OK?
  • I tested your Spider-man [NTSC] widescreen HEX code on the Spider-man 2 [NTSC] game, it worked just fine!
    Thank you for that thread. 
Sorry, yes I don't usually check the pm.

It it should be fine to patch them all.
Hey guys. I was wondering if there's a widescreen code for Silent Hill? I looked around and couldn't find one. You can play it in widescreen with ePSXe's widescreen hack but there's a glitch that causes Harry's flashlight to float away from his body and I haven't been able to find a fix for it.
(01-01-2019, 12:35 PM)the4thsurvivor Wrote: Hey guys. I was wondering if there's a widescreen code for Silent Hill? I looked around and couldn't find one. You can play it in widescreen with ePSXe's widescreen hack but there's a glitch that causes Harry's flashlight to float away from his body and I haven't been able to find a fix for it.
Maybe it can be fixed... i request for the NTSC-J and NTSC-U releases.