PSOne Widescreen Patches
Any possibility for a Brave Fencer Musashi (NTSC-U) widescreen code?

Sponsored links

I would appreciate if someone upload a more detailed tutorial so that others could find our own widescreen code
I found a few for Rayman 2: TGE, US version. X, Y, and Z values for world, Rayman, and (most) NPCs (none found for props yet), but unfortunately it has some issues with Rayman's position and can cause him to fall through the world.

Another issue is that the code is level dependent, unless I'm screwing something up. Separate code need to be made for each level.
Patch for Walt Disney World Quest: Magical Racing Tour?
(12-06-2019, 11:56 PM)Shenmue_Trilogy Wrote: Still no widescreen code for silent hill? Sad

Silent Hill doesn't really need a widescreen patch since the emulator hack works pretty well but there is something I could use help with. With the widescreen hack Harry's flashlight detaches and floats away from his body, sometimes by a few feet.

See how the light is floating behind him like that? I'm thinking it's because the light is a 2D image and is being stretched, though I'm not sure.
Photo 
(03-24-2020, 06:58 AM)SSBM_LLDL Wrote: Any possibility for a Brave Fencer Musashi (NTSC-U) widescreen code?

@SSBM_LLDL i made a widescreen code for the Brave Fencer Musashi (NTSC-U)
You can find it in the archive.

Unfortunately seems that it needs a render fix because in some backgrounds certain parts of the floor
look black, like at the beginning of the game.
You can try it.

Best regards.
Goiken Muyou II (Japan) SLPS-01542

I found these values

widescreen

8013BA70 0C00

this value makes the characters look bigger
8013BA80 0C00

this other values produces zoom
8013BA38 0C00

this other values produces zoom
8013BA30 0C00
(05-27-2020, 06:25 AM)allkhan Wrote: Goiken Muyou II (Japan) SLPS-01542

I found these values

widescreen

8013BA70 0C00

@allkhan, the code of widescreen:

8013BA70 0C00

Is good for backgrounds and characters? all is fine with this code?
Do you have pictures?

Best regards.
(05-14-2020, 02:38 PM)Sir Stromming Wrote: Silent Hill doesn't really need a widescreen patch since the emulator hack works pretty well
Excuse me, but it does needs a widescreen code if you're playing it on a PSP, as well as any other PS1 game featuring 3D graphics.
(06-05-2017, 08:19 PM)TheDimensioner Wrote: I made a small video showing the effects of this hack, which besides my small complaint, I have to say it works perfectly. The cutscenes are broken on this video because I 'm using the CPU overclock option of PCSXR-PGXP at x1.25, because PGXP itself makes the game run slightly slower, but the constant 30 FPS of this game actually wasn't meant to happen, with some scenes running just accordingly to what the PSX's CPU was capable, even at slower framerates (Naughty Dog was king at PlayStation development, I just realized Crash has soft shadows as well XD)
Do you know if it's possible to make "PGXP codes" in a similar way like "widescreen codes" are made?