PSX Mode Unofficial Compatibility List
Crash Bandicoot 2 - Cortex Strikes Back (PAL)

Has graphical glitches.
IOP interpreter makes it run at normal speed most of the time, sometimes might run faster (with recompiler turned on: runs faster than normal).
DX11/12 has more graphical glitches compared to OpenGL/Vulkan/Software.
Audio is fine mostly, sometimes skipping or speed changing.

Sponsored links

(02-19-2024, 03:45 PM)Sestain Wrote: Crash Bandicoot 2 - Cortex Strikes Back (PAL)

Has graphical glitches.
IOP interpreter makes it run at normal speed most of the time, sometimes might run faster (with recompiler turned on: runs faster than normal).
DX11/12 has more graphical glitches compared to OpenGL/Vulkan/Software.
Audio is fine mostly, sometimes skipping or speed changing.

I had been trying to get some PS1 game to run on PCSX2 for a while, but I was just starting the games and didn't do anything else. Today I decided to search about and saw that the bios I was using, the latest American one (from my personal slim PS2), was preventing my original games from starting in the emulator. The games simply wouldn't load, the screen was completely black. Today, after discovering that I need to use a fat PS2 bios, I did the test and it worked (I used the first American one, from my personal fat PS2). I even tested it with the same game as you (but different region), Crash Bandicoot 2 - Cortex Strikes Back (NTSC) from my personal collection of original games. I could attest the visual glitches you mentioned. I played the first phase, and the game simply froze inside the emulator right after I finished the phase. There are still some stability, but maybe it's because I only changed the bios, nothing else.

I did this just to satisfy my curiosity. Now I'm back to my latest bios (from my personal slim PS2) and continue using the PCSX2 for PS2 emulation only. I suggest DuckStation for those who have a PS1 and want to play on PC, it's a good solution.

Cheers.