PSX Mode Unofficial Compatibility List
That'd be one hefty text file if they did that. It'd be easier on the eyes if they were separate I think.

Sponsored links

Medal of Honor (NTSC-U)
Used to crash on boot, currently crashes on intro
Legend of Dragoon [US] [ingame]: https://youtu.be/Tb8tam1gQzQ
Title
Crash Bandicoot : Playable
Works normal but the audio crashs sometime

Title
Mortal Kombat 4 : Intro

Title
Pink Panther Pinkadelic Pursuit : Broken
I tried out a couple of my games on my laptop that weren't in the list already:

Ace Combat 2 (US) - SLUS00404
Ingame - OpenGL Software has minor graphics glitches in-game (flickering HUD and other random screen flicker while playing a mission, menus looked near-perfect) but the intro FMV is completely garbled. OpenGL Hardware had even more glitches but would still boot and play. The sound effects play but music and most voiceovers do not. Switching IOP from Recompiler to Interpreter made no difference except for speed.

Ace Combat 3 Electrosphere (US) - SLUS00972
Ingame - OpenGL Software - Graphics glitches in game (plane garbled and mostly invisible in 3rd Person view and other random on-screen garbage). I didn't try OpenGL Hardware. Sound effects play but music does not. Must set IOP to Interpreter to progress past the main menu (If IOP is set to Recompiler it just goes to a black screen after you select a difficulty for New Game)

I didn't try loading a memcard for either one so I can't comment on whether the games could be finished or not. I didn't want to dig through my ePSXe memcard folder for individual memcards named by region code and I don't have saves close to the end of either game right now anyway.
The Mini(ITX) Box V2 a.k.a. Nighthawk
Ryzen 7 3700X | 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming | EVGA GTX 1660Ti SC Ultra Gaming | Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | EVGA 600BQ
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Sorry for double posting, but I tried out the memcard feature with Ace Combat 2 and Ace Combat 3. If I create a new memcard, both games can format it and save to it and then re-load the saves. They also both work with the memcards I had created earlier with ePSXe.

Also, for what it's worth I also tried out D3D9/11 with Ace Combat 2. D3D11 flashed so much that it was unplayable. D3D9 there was sound but no picture. I also tried out the GSDX.fx shader and FXAA and I think Ace Combat 2 might look even better in OGL Software than ePSXe with Pete's hardware plugin and AA shaders (minus the flickering screen, of course). PCSX2's scanline filter is way better looking too.

Is there a way to load individual memcards per game like the way ePSXe and PCSX2 handle their own memcards?
Ryzen 7 3700X | 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming | EVGA GTX 1660Ti SC Ultra Gaming | Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | EVGA 600BQ
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
(06-04-2018, 03:30 AM)AeroAceX01 Wrote: Sorry for double posting, but I tried out the memcard feature with Ace Combat 2 and Ace Combat 3. If I create a new memcard, both games can format it and save to it and then re-load the saves. They also both work with the memcards I had created earlier with ePSXe.

Also, for what it's worth I also tried out D3D9/11 with Ace Combat 2. D3D11 flashed so much that it was unplayable. D3D9 there was sound but no picture. I also tried out the GSDX.fx shader and FXAA and I think Ace Combat 2 might look even better in OGL Software than ePSXe with Pete's hardware plugin and AA shaders (minus the flickering screen, of course). PCSX2's scanline filter is way better looking too.

Is there a way to load individual memcards per game like the way ePSXe and PCSX2 handle their own memcards?

Yeah the hardware renderers are all completely screwed. And I would avoid D3D as well. They just aren't built to properly handle PSX mode yet, specifically it seems like they aren't properly loading textures. If you run a game in software mode you can later switch to hardware and the result is actually rather impressive.

Curious what you mean by this. Do you mean having separate .mcr files per game?
(06-04-2018, 04:25 PM)pandubz Wrote: Yeah the hardware renderers are all completely screwed. And I would avoid D3D as well. They just aren't built to properly handle PSX mode yet, specifically it seems like they aren't properly loading textures. If you run a game in software mode you can later switch to hardware and the result is actually rather impressive.

Curious what you mean by this. Do you mean having separate .mcr files per game?

Yeah, that's the way ePSXe and PCSX-R do it. It makes a separate .mcr file for each running game, using the region code, and puts them all in the same folder and automatically loads the right one whenever you start a game. PCSX2 does a similar thing when you use a folder memcard and have "Automatically manage saves based on the running game" checked.
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
(06-04-2018, 05:56 PM)AeroAceX01 Wrote: Yeah, that's the way ePSXe and PCSX-R do it. It makes a separate .mcr file for each running game, using the region code, and puts them all in the same folder and automatically loads the right one whenever you start a game. PCSX2 does a similar thing when you use a folder memcard and have "Automatically manage saves based on the running game" checked.

Ah yes, folder based memcards. At this time, no that is not possible for PS1 memcards. Perhaps it could be worked out though, maybe I'll have a look into that.
(06-04-2018, 06:40 PM)pandubz Wrote: Ah yes, folder based memcards. At this time, no that is not possible for PS1 memcards. Perhaps it could be worked out though, maybe I'll have a look into that.

I figured that was the answer, but I was curious anyway. I can always use MemcardRex to consolidate my ePSXe memcards into 2 .mcr files and load those in PCSX2.

If you do look into the folder option, I noticed something interesting that may help you. I noticed there is a difference between how ePSXe and PCSX-R handle their "individual memcard by game" option for multi-disc games. It seems that each disc in a set has a unique region code and PCSX-R always tries to load the one from the disc that you're trying to boot. The way ePSXe handles them is that it always uses the region code from disc 1 of the set for it's memcard. 

An example of this in action: I tried starting directly from disc 3 of Final Fantasy VIII on PCSX-R and it made a new memcard file based on disc 3's unique region code (SLUS_009.09-00.mcr) instead of loading the one I dropped in its "memcards>Games" folder from ePSXe, which used the region code from disc 1 (SLUS_008.92-00.mcr). In order to use my memcard file transferred from ePSXe on PCSX-R, I would have to first load disc 1, then load the save from the memcard, then switch discs to disc 3 so it would keep using the same card from disc 1. In ePSXe, I can just load disc 3 directly and it automatically loads the correct memcard every time.
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit