PSX Mode Unofficial Compatibility List
(09-20-2018, 12:54 PM)seoulgamer Wrote: As I said in my post, I tried literally everything on interpreter - the IOP, the Emotion Engine, VU0, VU1, OpenGL Software Rendering. Nothing made the slightest difference.

I did notice the game window changing to 256 * 240 resolution, but that was as far as it got before it stopped.

The VUs actually go dead in PSX mode, so no worries there. But the EE recompiler is actually more accurate than the EE interpreter. I don't see in your post that you ran it on recompiler, and it is a PGIF hang (which runs inside the EE), so it may be worth trying that if you haven't.

Sponsored links

Oh right, I see what you mean. Yeah, I did try just the IOP Interpreter by itself at first, then turned everything on to Interpreter out of desperation when that didn't work.

What is a PGIF hang, and why do you think it's not preventing other PS1 games from booting?
(09-20-2018, 05:37 PM)seoulgamer Wrote: Oh right, I see what you mean. Yeah, I did try just the IOP Interpreter by itself at first, then turned everything on to Interpreter out of desperation when that didn't work.

What is a PGIF hang, and why do you think it's not preventing other PS1 games from booting?

PGIF stands for Playstation Graphical Interface IE. it's the PS1's Graphics card. Essentially the broken implementation of the PS2's version of the PS1 graphics card has crashed is what that Message generally means.
(09-20-2018, 05:37 PM)seoulgamer Wrote: Oh right, I see what you mean. Yeah, I did try just the IOP Interpreter by itself at first, then turned everything on to Interpreter out of desperation when that didn't work.

Gotcha. Yeah as beard said, it's the PSX GPU, emulated on the PS2's EE.

Typically the HUNG TIMEOUT warnings mean a status or other kind of register has been stuck in the same state for a long period of time. In some cases a game can recover from it (if it's just taking a really, really long time to accomplish something). But in this case, likely it is just something that was supposed to happen, didn't. Rama and Wisi may still be cooking something up for PGIF to fix stall/crash problems, but we don't have an ETA for that so for now all we can do is sit back and wait in anticipation.
Sorry for that, by the way.
Wisi is a hardware guy first, and currently he's working on a difficult signal grabber that seems to limit his time for PGIF.
He's already improved it though and tests look promising.
One day it'll happen ;p
MegaMan Legends [Ntsc U] This game works perfect except for Cutscene and voice acting audio due to the lack of CD-DA and CD-XA support in PCSX2
AFAIK pcsx2 should support both CDDA, and XA too.
If any the problem might be that they have 2 modes each (plus the additional subq variable), and getting it right is difficult.

Also I hope that was tried straight from the original disk (or some serious external mounting driver), because until pcsx2 supports CHD, CDDA is offlimits.
(11-09-2018, 01:59 PM)mirh Wrote: AFAIK pcsx2 should support both CDDA, and XA too.
If any the problem might be that they have 2 modes each (plus the additional subq variable), and getting it right is difficult.

Also I hope that was tried straight from the original disk (or some serious external mounting driver), because until pcsx2 supports CHD, CDDA is offlimits.
I mentioned the two because most games are completely missing audio from both. Legend of Dragoon cutscenes are completely mute though most in-game sounds fine. Spyro, Medievil, Gran Turismo and several others are generally the same.
I'm getting garbage audio in Gran Turismo 1 v1.1. I'm currently running the 2669 build.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
My posting for this post  is missing, which bastard delete it / Angry