PSX compatibility
We're working on fixing a memory leak, but we will post the new build soon.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

Anyone wanna say that we're on a road to more precise and less demanding PCSX2 emulation, even if we're not moving too fast?

Well, hopefully we get PS1 emulation at a decent speed; could mean that PCSX2 itself will see a wider range of computers able to run the average PS2 game.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
(04-02-2015, 01:45 AM)Marge Simpson Wrote: Dead on the nail, my friend. If we get fast and accurate PS1 emulation on PCSX2 then PS2 emulation should be a breeze.

Sort of the other way around really.
(04-02-2015, 05:01 AM)dogen Wrote: Sort of the other way around really.

eh fine

Marge Simpson Wrote:Dead on the nail, my friend. If we get fast and accurate PS2 emulation on PCSX2 then PS1 emulation should be a breeze.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
(04-02-2015, 03:30 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: It doesn't directly help, but the PS2 CAN play PS1 games with the SAME chips we are emulating. So the fact that we used not to be able to shows an accuracy issue. Increasing the accuracy is really the main goal - if PSX games run, even slowly, we know we are that much closer to having 100% compatibility with PS2 games as well.

that make no sense to me then again i not programer but i know ps1 game and ps2 games dont run on same architecture, emulatating ps1 games or being able to dont exactly help emulation of ps2 games, just better understanding of ps2 as whole.

Now have compatibility to do all that ps2 can on whole which is ps2 game and ps1 games sure. it irrelevant in my mind to helping ps2 games. unless said ps2 game use ps1 hw/software in the ps2 in some way which i dont they ps2 game do.
All ps2 games use PSX harware. The IOP is the MIPS R3000 which IS the PSX CPU
Yeah, the PS2 uses the original PS1 cpu. It's called the IOP(Input/Output Processor) and handles stuff like controller input, memory cards, and probably some other stuff.

Obviously it also helps with PS1 backwards compatibility.
Yeah, some games do some real trickery with the IOP. Jak is one of them
(04-02-2015, 05:23 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Yeah, some games do some real trickery with the IOP. Jak is one of them

Yeah, I remember reading or hearing that somewhere. Either Andy Gavin mentioned it in a blog, or it was in a video about the remaster.
Doesn't surprise me one bit.
Andy gavin mentioned it in the remaster vid