PSX compatibilty
Do we have now or in the future any plans to maintain a PSX compatiblity list now that PCSX2 can boot PSX games? I know our current compatibility list supports the

Code:
con‌sole=PS2;

line so I guess at some point way in the past this was already a planned thing. Well I knew that anyway Tongue2. But yeah are we gonna start accepting PSX compatibility reports now or in the future? And I suppose if we do they'd take the same format as PS2 ones? Just curious.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

I don't know.
If anything, we could have minimal report templates. Just the name of the broken game and one sentence what goes wrong.
"Black Screen, Stuck loading" and the likes.
Of course it's still too early because not a lot of development goes into it right now.
Error reports are just noise at this point.
(10-01-2016, 10:10 AM)rama Wrote: I don't know.
If anything, we could have minimal report templates. Just the name of the broken game and one sentence what goes wrong.
"Black Screen, Stuck loading" and the likes.
Of course it's still too early because not a lot of development goes into it right now.
Error reports are just noise at this point.

Well then how about for now we just make a single thread "PSX compatibility" (or even use this one) and do that. Kind of like how I did on github:

Code:
Chrono Cross: Freezes after selecting new game with psxunk messages
    Crash Bandicoot: Doesn't boot
    Crash Bandicoot 2: Near playable with minor graphics glitches but seems to freeze after a level when a small cutscene plays
    Crash Bandicoot 3: Boots but shows very glitched gfx and then crashes the emulator
    Crash Bash: Boots and lets you start the game but crashes when you enter a minigame
    Crash Team Racing: Freezes after "Sony Computer Entertainment America Presents"
    FF Origins: Seems playable
    FFVII: Freezes after intro logos
    FFVIII: Boots and plays and displays well(HW mode needs round sprite hack) but will freeze upon a battle being triggered
    FFIX: Boots and briefly displays some garbage, then crashes
    Sled Storm: Seems playable
    Suikoden II: Boots and plays for a while but crashes when choosing between two options in a dialogue
    Tetris Plus: Displays some garbage briefly then freezes
    Vagrant Story: Crashes after selecting "New Game"
    Valkyrie Profile: Freezes during opening cutscene
    Xenogears: Boots to black screen

Of course we should let users know that in depth compatibility testing is probably not too useful for now. But I still think it could be good to have a simple list.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Wait, since when does PCSX2 load PSX games? oO
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
I know I'm a noob to the forums, but as someone who's been gaming via emulation since pc's had floppy's and Windows 2000 was the OS in everyone's home I'd like to say that it's time that someone picks up the slack for epsxe. Gamers are living the struggle gaming psx games plagued by blocky pixels, and weak shaders. You can only raise the internal resolution so high. It's a joke played on today's modern screens.
I used to be a debugger/small time programmer/hacker though I don't have the time to learn what each function is that breaks a game, or how psx code works, and all, but I could test, and post debugger results, along with settings, and the time that whatever happened.. well happened, as well as what happened.
I wish I had the time to dig in, and learn the in's, and outs of specific things in the psx/ps2 world, but time really is a big factor for me
CPU: Xeon X5470 3.33 @ 4.27
Motherboard: P5q3 Deluxe (FSB 333 @ 475)
Ram: 16gb DDR3 1333mhz
GPU: GTX 960 4gb FTW edition
Hi, i have some info that might be useful regarding the PS emulation. I have a game that boot into menu but crash after select new game. I thought that is the best pcsx2 can do for now. But yesterday when i just messing some setting just for fun, i found something interesting.

I found out that when i change IOP setting to interpreter, the game actually go beyond the menu. It did not crash after selecting New Game. So if Blyss Sarania or other pcsx2 user that have large PS1 collection, you may try to change the option to boot your game.

Just want to share with you guys.
(11-17-2016, 04:38 PM)rosli_2252 Wrote: Hi, i have some info that might be useful regarding the PS emulation. I have a game that boot into menu but crash after select new game. I thought that is the best pcsx2 can do for now. But yesterday when i just messing some setting just for fun, i found something interesting.

I found out that when i change IOP setting to interpreter, the game actually go beyond the menu. It did not crash after selecting New Game. So if Blyss Sarania or other pcsx2 user that have large PS1 collection, you may try to change the option to boot your game.

Just want to share with you guys.

Thanks for the info, it could be we missed something with the recompiler, however the recompiler mostly just runs the interpreter code (it is being redirected) but there is a chance that there is a problem with our IOP recompiler, something which wouldn't have reared its ugly head until now Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

We already knew about this though. Tongue2
(11-17-2016, 05:28 PM)FlatOut Wrote: We already knew about this though. Tongue2

Did we? I didn't, nobody mentioned it Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(11-17-2016, 05:44 PM)refraction Wrote: Did we? I didn't, nobody mentioned it Tongue
You must've missed it. Blyss posted it in the earlier thread in the software/hardware section and it was posted elsewhere and on github as well IIRC.