PSX emulation high sound pitch?
Hello.

I've tried emulating a few PS1 games via PCSX2, and they seem to work alright. FMV's are a bit bugged on some games, which doesn't really bother me, but an issue that keeps happening constantly on all games is that ALL sounds are high-pitched. Another issue is that music doesn't seem to play correctly, 007 Racing (Europe) plays absolutely fine on ePSXe with working music, but on PCSX2 there is no in-game BGM or for example the credits BGM. The menu BGM does work though. Anyone got an idea how to fix these high pitched sounds and music missing? I've tried many different settings.

Sponsored links

There is no fix for the higher pitched sound currently, the SPU in the PSX ran at a different sample rate. Same applies for music because we don't emulate CDDA yet. PSX mode is still considered a very WIP project.
PS1 support is still work in progress so problems can be expected
When I look at the recent changes at github,you don't see anyone doing anything PS1 related

Better use ePSXe and check the progress on PCSX2(the PS1 support)from time to time(every half a year)

It's good to have All in One but at this point I don't see a reason on wanting to use pcsx2 to play ps1 games(there are plenty near perfect PS1 emulators)
There's no going around the problem by using a different plugin then?
(09-13-2019, 07:03 PM)Miskaroni Wrote: There's no going around the problem by using a different plugin then?

Not using a PCSX2 plugin. I have not actually tried it, but you may be able to use a PSX SPU plugin in place of PCSX2's default, SPU2-X. But not all PSX plugins will be inherently compatible with PCSX2, you will need to find one that is made to be so.

The only true fix we know of right now is compiling PCSX2 from source, changing the sample rate in the source code. We've looked at ways to make it change dynamically but the way SPU2-X was built (with no regard for PSX support) it's too complicated to flush out without some serious overhauling.
Thing about it is it would require an edit to the main thread. We'd have to stop the plugin in the main thread then we'd have to change the sample rate. Then we'd have to restart the plugin from there
(09-14-2019, 01:33 AM)pandubz Wrote: Not using a PCSX2 plugin. I have not actually tried it, but you may be able to use a PSX SPU plugin in place of PCSX2's default, SPU2-X. But not all PSX plugins will be inherently compatible with PCSX2, you will need to find one that is made to be so.

The only true fix we know of right now is compiling PCSX2 from source, changing the sample rate in the source code. We've looked at ways to make it change dynamically but the way SPU2-X was built (with no regard for PSX support) it's too complicated to flush out without some serious overhauling.
I'll try a PSX plugin if it works. Thanks for the info.