PSX games in PCSX2?
Possible or not to play PS1 games in PCSX2?

Sponsored links

roughly possible : https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PSX-Mode...ility-List
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Photo 
Thanks but why all PS1 games not working in PCSX2?
(11-23-2018, 04:46 AM)Sandi1987 Wrote: Thanks but why all PS1 games not working in PCSX2?

This is an extremely difficult question to answer plainly. The best explanation right now is that there is a number of components required for PS1 emulation that are either missing, incomplete, or over-optimized.

When PCSX2 was first built, other emulators already existed for PS1. So it was pretty much completely brushed over and only PS2 compatibility saw priority.

Now that PS1 emulation is starting to creep in (still not a priority, only two or three people, at best, have even bothered looking at anything, let alone doing anything for it), some of the assumptions that were made for PS2 emulation back then are showing symptoms in PS1 emulation. SIF2 is, to our knowledge, almost completely unused in normal PS2 operation and was never fully completed in PCSX2. However now we believe this plays a critical role in EE and IOP communication for PS1 games. Currently everything is just being blasted through DMA2, and this mostly works, but sometimes things just aren't right.

The IOP recompiler may have some optimizations in it that are causing problems for PS1 operation. The interpreter seems to magically fix some crashes that the recompiler has. No one has any clue what's going on with this.

CDDA is a function for reading CD audio formats directly off discs. A lot of PS1 games used this, and while a lot of the ground work is done in SPU2-X, the actual CDVD side of this is completely missing, and SPU2-X may need further modifications.

Something is wrong with FMVs, no matter what, they will be scrambled garbage.

The list just keeps going on, but it's a lot of little bits like this. That said, some games like Digimon World 3 are absolute tanks and run (mostly) like nothing is wrong, except the FMV problem. So it's a mixed bag. If you're an enthusiast that gets a kick out of when things go wrong, sure, play around with it. If you're strictly looking to use it for a playable experience, stick to a proper PS1 emulator.
Would it be possible to use some of the source codes found in ePSXe and other PS1 emulators and credit them? And also how the emulation codes work? I'm just throwing in ideas to speed up development of the PSX mode.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
(11-23-2018, 07:27 AM)gtgamer468 Wrote: Would it be possible to use some of the source codes found in ePSXe and other PS1 emulators and credit them? And also how the emulation codes work? I'm just throwing in ideas to speed up development of the PSX mode.

Yes and no. IOP for example, it is the exact same CPU as the PS1, so we could cross reference it, but we also have to consider things like it running at the same clock speed as a PS1 when in PS1 mode, but running a few MHz faster when in PS2 mode. Additionally there are things like SIO, which I have already attempted to cross reference with PCSXR, to no avail. Perhaps I am just not putting two and two together in this particular case, but I am more of the belief that there's an additional layer of complexity here. After all, PCSX2 is emulating a PS2, which is emulating a PS1.

Another example that comes to mind is PGIF. The PS2 emulates the PS1 GPU, on it's EE. Yes, you heard that right. Not quite something you can cross reference easily.