PSX mode how to / help ?
BIOS 1.60 here working great Smile

Sponsored links

My bios is USA v2.20 and it doesn't work, for the record. So i'm guessing it must be lower than 2.20 to work.
Not worrying too much tho, this just barely got merged it is expected that it won't work perfectly in it's first version.
I just wanted to see how it works aka the stage it's in right now, but ill just wait until it gets better which i'm sure it will since this emulator and its devs have never once disappointed me.
Yep, you need a BIOS from before the slim models 7500x or 7700x. Those and later consoles have a radically different IOP / PSX mode.
Any BIOS version (of the right region, same as the game you want to run) with version < 2.20 will work.

So, do we have any PSX homebrew coders here? We've got lots of hardware testing to do! Wink
the one that i have is SCPH-90001 so yeah XD.
(10-11-2016, 05:44 PM)rama Wrote: Yep, you need a BIOS from before the slim models 7500x or 7700x. Those and later consoles have a radically different IOP / PSX mode.
Any BIOS version (of the right region, same as the game you want to run) with version < 2.20 will work.

So, do we have any PSX homebrew coders here? We've got lots of hardware testing to do! Wink

I'm guessing the reason for the region lock is that the region check is effectively "emulated" inside the system in the way the real PS2 would check which means we don't have access to an easy way to disable it?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Haven't gotten too far with the psx yet, so I won't be too useful
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(10-11-2016, 09:39 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I'm guessing the reason for the region lock is that the region check is effectively "emulated" inside the system in the way the real PS2 would check which means we don't have access to an easy way to disable it?

Region lock is likely done in SW aka bios. It could be as easy to open a txt file on the disk and check the region.
Well, FWIW, my copy of Wipeout 3 Special Edition (which is PAL only) does boot with my US BIOS, which is why I wrote that not all games seem to require matching regions. But maybe that's the sole exception. Visuals are also kinda corrupted and even more broken than when booting with a PAL BIOS.
(10-11-2016, 05:44 PM)rama Wrote: Yep, you need a BIOS from before the slim models 7500x or 7700x. Those and later consoles have a radically different IOP / PSX mode.

Good thing I have the slim and old fatty PS2 still both. I knew my trusty old one would be good for something still lol.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)