PSX2 Setup Help?
Ill start by saying I have read through all the guides and support threads i could find on how to set up my PSX2 but I still cant seem to get it to work.
As well as I have tried most combinations of all my plug-ins ect.

My system specs are as followed.

Windows Vista Home Premium
SP1

Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20 GHz 2.20 GHz
2.00 GB RAM
64 bit OS
9800 GT Nvidia Graphics card.

Any help would be nice. And if theres any information you need from me let me know thank you.

Sponsored links

Please tell us how it does not work.

From the specs you may need to update your Vista to SP2 before getting the newest directX, and this can actually be one reason for the emulator not working.

Better do not speculate, state correctly the problem, tell us what plugins you are using, are they in the default or have you changed something?
Have you installed in the C:\Program Files? if you did uninstall it and install again on some no specially protected folder. The better is creating one, maybe C:\Games and install ANY and EVERY game there from now on, even the PC ones.

Actually we even don't know the PCSX2 version you got.
Imagination is where we are truly real
heh, your right there was a lot of information I left out. I got it working, Was just being an idiot. It was as simple as running it as admin.

Having trouble with getting it to run smooth but I guess I will have to just mess with the settings a bit.

Thanks ^.^
Soraskillz. If you need to run as The Admin it means you installed it on C:\Program Files ... it should be enough to show you something is already wrong if you need to do it to play a game. But for some PC games it will not be enough ever and you'll need to uninstall and reinstall somewhere else (modables games like Oblivion, Fallout, Dragon Age etc already "demands" being installing in a non protected folder), it'll be only good for you accustoming to install games away from those folders in the future.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(08-16-2010, 12:28 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Soraskillz. If you need to run as The Admin it means you installed it on C:\Program Files ... it should be enough to show you something is already wrong if you need to do it to play a game. But for some PC games it will not be enough ever and you'll need to uninstall and reinstall somewhere else (modables games like Oblivion, Fallout, Dragon Age etc already "demands" being installing in a non protected folder), it'll be only good for you accustoming to install games away from those folders in the future.

Alright, So I uninstalled it/Reinstalled it and just saved it to my desktop instead of C:\ Program files.... ect. It runs without me having to run as admin so thats nice. And ive got it to be steady running for the most part. sits around 100% game speed most of the time.

The only game I have tried playing so far is my copy of Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja 5. Runs great except on the story mode when im in the world/cut scenes.

The world play normally stays around 100 until I see other "NPC's"
But the Cut scenes are terrible. Drop to like 67% most of the time. Is there a reason for this? Im not expecting it to be perfect just curious ^.^

Also, I have set the PSX2 process priority to High and that seemed to help.

Im using 0.9.6
0.9.7 could give you some significant speed increase, so give that a try too (you can grab it from our site, downloads->public beta)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Video 
I'm new here so bear with me,
at the mo i've managed to get my version of pcsx 2 version 0.9.7.3113 running to a basic level.
but it's runing really slow, as soon as silent hill origins starts to run gameplay is really slow.
the frame rate drops and the music is all garbled.

MY SPECS ARE
CPU AMd athlon 64 x2 dual core 6000+ 3.0 ghz
ram 3.5GB
OS Windows xp SP3
V card geforce 8800 gts 320 mb pixel shader 3.0 vertex shader 3.0
direct x 9.0c
soundmax intergrated digital hd audio

my setting are as follows:

bios EE/IOP GS

window vus audio

video settings     plugins    
I wonder why people check Synchronized MTGS when it clearly states it will be very slow and is only for debug purposes. So disable that.
You didn't post your GSdx configuration which is important too.

There is not much you can do, your processor is slow for PCSX2 and Silent Hill Origins is a very demanding game. You could also try playing with speed hacks, start by enabling all the [recommended] ones.
you mean the recommended ones in your set up post?
No, the guide is for 0.9.6. I mean the ones in the speed hacks tab that have [recommended] besides them.