PSX2 emulator things freeze
After about 20-30 minutes the game Will freeze. all the games I have are fairly slow besides Disgaea 2, so I have not tried anything other than Disgaea 2.. it's unbearable to play FFX at 20-30 FPS. But anyways.. I hink this is a plugin problem. someone mentioned it had something to do with the sound plugin's settings, but I've tried setting it to different settings... they all made it crash faster. (So it's definately the sound plug in.) The Syncronizing mode that works better for me is Async Mix. Stretch can crash it faster. I use XAudio 2, and I use the fastest quality on Interpolation because I can't tell the difference. Reverb is off. I didn't tamper with the Audio Expansion thing, so It's still Stereo. I (Think) I have Intel ® High Definition Audio HDMI. Any help would be appreciated. If you need me to post more info, just ask for it.

Sponsored links

Try DirectSound instead of XA2, if you haven't already.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Please let your task manager run as well, see if shows anything unusual when it crashes (like an extremely high memory usage).
Wow.. quick responses. Wasn't really expecting that. I tried DirectSound again, like you said, and it took quite a while for me to have my game frozen. And not much of a difference in the memory usage. it takes up about 200,000 to 240,000k memory.
Nevermind.. I geuss it really depends. *retried it* (Sorry for the double post)
Well, first of all I really don't see why it should be SPU2 plugin related.
I rather think your machine might not be 100% stable anymore.

Can you tell us your computer specs and if you overclocked anything?
I tried to overclock my graphics card, but it was this thing that made it so that it was supposed to only work for specific programs. It didn't really work so I just left it at that.

My Processor is a Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q8300 I'm running Windows 7, and I'm running a 64-bit operating system (If you needed to know that), and my graphics card is an Intel® G45/43 Express Chipset and as mentioned before, my sound card is an Intel ® High Definition Audio HDMI. Anything else I need to post? The computer is fairly new, and the parts probably suck (Compared to some newer models), but I haven't had too much problem with them.
Ok, since its so random, and happens with both DSound and XA2, and you have Windows 7 (which is very unlikely to have sound deadlock issues), I'm with Rama on this. It is most likely a general instability problem.

... wait. Intel G45/43?

Ok, new idea: it's probably GSdx. Have you tried playing in software mode? You have a quad-core CPU, so you should set GSdx's thread count to 2 or 3. (some games work better with 3, others with 2). Framerates may actually be better than in hardware accel mode, but that's not important right now. The Intel G45/43 is known to have problems with compat/support of DX9+ features. Translation: It's very likely your hangs are caused by your video. Software mode should fix it.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(11-22-2010, 04:20 AM)Air Wrote: Ok, since its so random, and happens with both DSound and XA2, and you have Windows 7 (which is very unlikely to have sound deadlock issues), I'm with Rama on this. It is most likely a general instability problem.

... wait. Intel G45/43?

Ok, new idea: it's probably GSdx. Have you tried playing in software mode? You have a quad-core CPU, so you should set GSdx's thread count to 2 or 3. (some games work better with 3, others with 2). Framerates may actually be better than in hardware accel mode, but that's not important right now. The Intel G45/43 is known to have problems with compat/support of DX9+ features. Translation: It's very likely your hangs are caused by your video. Software mode should fix it.

Oh... but software slows my game down by half. I got like.. 30 FPS D:
As Air said, go to the GSdx configuration and set the thread count higher. Try 3 threads.