Pad plugin...Which one for DS4 on PCSX2?
Good evening to all of you,

First of all, thanks to all of you who are involved into emulation, plugins etc. I am a huge fan of the retro scene as a 40 years old + gamer Smile. These tools help me keep my retro collection alive year after year.

I use either Xone, X360 or DS4 controllers on my PC with PCSX2. Right now, I'm using DS4windows to connect the DS4 pads with win10, and as pad plugins I use both lilypad 0.12.1 and Pokopom 2.1.0.

So I would like some feedback as both of these plugins are great, but they both have weaknesses.

lilypad is great overall, but for games like SSX Tricky, it doesn't record L2+R2 combo for tricks. But, for Champions of Norrath, it's really good for multitap purpose once all the pads are configured correctly. After a couple of hours of usage, the worse that can happen is that one out of the 4 controllers stop responding. As long as we save often, it's fine.

Pokopom is really good as it's detecting everything from start without mapping any buttons. SSX Tricky works like a charm with it, everything is super responsive for both Xbox and DS4 controllers. BUT, Pokopom is useless for Champions of Norrath as the game says no controllers are plugged in, and if we enable multitap, PSCX2 crashes.

So I would like to hear your opinion on Pad plugins for DS4 controllers (or for Xone and X360 as DS4windows goes for the same approach to emulate X360 controllers). Should I keep using both depending on the games I play or is it another one you would recommend?

Thanks in advance Smile!

Sponsored links

Pokopom isn't in active development these days, so Lilypad is fine for Windows as it's alrady included with 1.6. There should be no reason why you would have to switch plugins for any game. Maybe recheck your bindings and ensure they're correct. In the controllers API box, make sure only Xinput is checked and not DirectInput.

As for interfacing with DS4s, we reccomend launching PCSX2 through Steam and using it that way since it tends to be more reliable.
(05-21-2020, 02:26 AM)CK1 Wrote: Pokopom isn't in active development these days, so Lilypad is fine for Windows as it's alrady included with 1.6. There should be no reason why you would have to switch plugins for any game. Maybe recheck your bindings and ensure they're correct. In the controllers API box, make sure only Xinput is checked and not DirectInput.

As for interfacing with DS4s, we reccomend launching PCSX2 through Steam and using it that way since it tends to be more reliable.

Thank you for your feedback. I made the modification as I had both Xinput and DirectInput checked.

Pardon my ignorance, but I always launched my emulators directly through win10. How do you proceed with Steam? Smile

EDIT: Nevermind, google is my friend on this one. I have to learn this, never used it and it seems pretty convenient.

Thanks again for your help!
(05-21-2020, 01:38 AM)Romcollector Wrote: Good evening to all of you,

First of all, thanks to all of you who are involved into emulation, plugins etc. I am a huge fan of the retro scene as a 40 years old + gamer Smile. These tools help me keep my retro collection alive year after year.

I use either Xone, X360 or DS4 controllers on my PC with PCSX2. Right now, I'm using DS4windows to connect the DS4 pads with win10, and as pad plugins I use both lilypad 0.12.1 and Pokopom 2.1.0.

So I would like some feedback as both of these plugins are great, but they both have weaknesses.

lilypad is great overall, but for games like SSX Tricky, it doesn't record L2+R2 combo for tricks. But, for Champions of Norrath, it's really good for multitap purpose once all the pads are configured correctly. After a couple of hours of usage, the worse that can happen is that one out of the 4 controllers stop responding. As long as we save often, it's fine.

Pokopom is really good as it's detecting everything from start without mapping any buttons. SSX Tricky works like a charm with it, everything is super responsive for both Xbox and DS4 controllers. BUT, Pokopom is useless for Champions of Norrath as the game says no controllers are plugged in, and if we enable multitap, PSCX2 crashes.

So I would like to hear your opinion on Pad plugins for DS4 controllers (or for Xone and X360 as DS4windows goes for the same approach to emulate X360 controllers). Should I keep using both depending on the games I play or is it another one you would recommend?

Thanks in advance Smile!

How did you get Champions of Norrath to work with multitap? I've tried day after day and can't seem to get anymore than two controllers working.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go