Parameters to launch a game quickly?
Hi, I was just wondering, what are the parameters that can be used when launching pcsx2? I would like to launch a game directly, not the emulator, then pick the image, so I'd like to specify the path to that image in some parameter and pcsx2 would start playing that image right away, that way I can make shortcuts for particular games, not only for PCSX2.
Is it possible?
Thanks

Sponsored links

lol it takes like 10 sec to launch a game why need shortcuts... anyway i don't think there is any way to start playing the image right away.because there isn't any need for it...
Oh, but there is. In fact, with an emulator that needs different specs for each game(speed hacks, clamp mode, sound plugin etc.), parameters have great usability. Like I said, each game could have its own shortcut, specifying image, config, speed hacks etc in the parameters. It would save a lot of time and effort.
it's called pS2launcher. Google for it
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yeah, thanks, but PS2Launcher only resolves the settings part, now how about specifying an image to open?
well, if pcsx2launcher (as it is called now i think) saves all the settings, then it will include the image path set in linuziso plugin, right?
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(07-11-2009, 10:55 PM)zero29 Wrote: well, if pcsx2launcher (as it is called now i think) saves all the settings, then it will include the image path set in linuziso plugin, right?

I think the program works in this way:
It copies all of the files in the inis folder and create .reg files for those plugins that uses registry setting rater than ini file for settings and when you want to start some game using this app he just overwrite all the files in the inis folder with the ones for the game profile and add the registry values for the plugins that uses registry for settings.

It's exactly like when you normally configure everything.
nope, unfortunately it doesn't, it saves only Gigaherz's DVD plugin settings, and that's only the drive letter
in short, I tested it and it ain't working
I use Linuzappz ISO and all of my settings are the same as when I create the profile for the game.
drag and drop of an image file on the pcsx2 executable works, so just add the image path after the pcsx2.exe in a shortcut, like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Pcsx2\pcsx2-beta-1474.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Pcsx2\isos\ICO.iso". it works the same as if you would start the game with "run->execute"
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403