Patch Finder and floating point values.
The XML loader is a different patch system (that loads xml and not .pnach files as the name suggest). You will get that error regardless of your pnach file. I think having an xml file in the patch folder makes it stop complaining Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

Some codes must be enabled if specific value on some specific address is set(for example the mini game is started).This is required because some addresses are used for something else too,not just the timer for that mini game and if the value is set to something that's not possible for the same address out of the mini game,problems like those can happen(including crashing,freezing of the emu).

In help for this problem comes the "If" code types but pcsx2 isn't very good at handling those code types.For example if the mini game is started(the address that is responsible for the mini game is set to a specific value(the game is started))then enable my cheat.
(07-24-2009, 02:01 PM)IAmBill Wrote: Ok, the current state of affairs is as follows:

I converted the patches into RAW codes just to see if I could get them to work that way... and I did.

patch=1,EE,00bbfe68,short,0356

became

10bbfe68 00000356

and it works just fine. However, one catch... if I had the code enabled before I entered the game, it froze my character... not the game, that continued fine, just my character and the timer never starts. If however, I apply it after the game begins, the timer counts down and keeps resetting to a specific number when it hits 0. I can then continue the game for as long as I wish and the results are fine. This, I imagine is just a few other codes that I'm missing and could be fixed... however, I still can't figure out why the XML Loader doesn't like my pnach file. It looks fine to me and exactly like others that I have seen.

So, i was searching way to overcome the drastically hard butterfly game and i found this thread. From what i read, you say the raw codes work, how did you input and use it?

Did you use the patch browser under the Misc category and choose "Insert Raw" and just enter the raw, set it to enabled and play the game?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.