Pause When Tabbed?
Hello!

I've gotten PCSX2 working pretty well, and had one question: is there a setting or option somewhere to pause the emulator when I tab over to another program?

Thank you!

Sponsored links

(09-26-2015, 03:56 AM)Coldrun Wrote: Hello!

I've gotten PCSX2 working pretty well, and had one question: is there a setting or option somewhere to pause the emulator when I tab over to another program?

Thank you!

I would like to know this as well
A quick skim through the settings suggests such a feature does not exist. There is a Pause/Resume option in the System drop-down menu on the main window, but that's about it, nothing I can see to enable auto-pausing on losing focus and auto-resume when regaining focus.
(09-26-2015, 07:27 AM)Karashata Wrote: A quick skim through the settings suggests such a feature does not exist. There is a Pause/Resume option in the System drop-down menu on the main window, but that's about it, nothing I can see to enable auto-pausing on losing focus and auto-resume when regaining focus.

Aw.  Ok, thanks anyway. Smile
Still I guess it could be implemented. It could just create some instability. I don't know if this is really the intended behavior though. Maybe some people use the emulator without focus. Cheating using cheatengine could be one scenario. Adding another gui element would be probably not a good idea. For new users pcsx2 is already to complicated. Possibly an ini-entry should be possible though.

There is still a problem with pcsx2 being a multi-window app and gsdx interfacing a plugin system. But I would be quite sure that the gs window belongs to pcsx2 and not gsdx as you set all properties of the window in the emulation settings and not plugin settings but I might be wrong here. If the gs window is controlled by pcsx2 this function can be easily implemented.

So.... is this a general feature all users would like to have or a feature only some user would like to have?

Btw. I am quite sure the gs window is closed or hidden in emulator pause state. It is not shown with a frozen image. Is this what you intend? Do you want to save resources or what do you try to achieve?