Pause/resume button and smooth resume
I know Esc button can pause the emulation. The problem is, it does not resume it and going into the menu to resume the game every time is not ergonomic (you have to use the mouse for that, which requires a lot more motion with your hands than pressing a button on the keyboard). I pause a lot in some cutscene-heavy games (since I play in Japanese and, alas, I am a slow reader), so this point is pretty important to me.
As such, may I suggest that a single button should used both for pausing AND resuming the emulator (Pause Break is the standard choice for this on many emulators, but Esc may keep it's current function too).
This should be pretty easy to implement, unless I am missing something, and it really would help a lot.

Another thing. I am not sure how hard this would be to do, so this is more a suggestion. I noticed that on Pausing the emulator closes all plugins. I am not sure, why this is done. Probably to save some resources? But the result is that on Resume it takes the emulator a couple of seconds to start up, and at that time everything lags/the sound becomes glitchy. The sound, especially, is grating on nerves, if you pause/resume often. I think it would be a good option, or even a better standard behavior, if the emulator did not close anything on Pause. Just pause the virtual machine and keep everything in memory, then, hopefully, the Resume would be instantaneous. I think, if it can be done, this would be a huge improvement for the emulator.

Oh, and aside from these minor (but important to me) points, the emulator is fantastic. I've been following it for years back from the time, when it ran at something like 10 fps, you could not play anything, and emulation of PS2 on a home PC was mostly a dream. Now it's stable 60 (hardware has improved of course, but still), but sometimes it still looks like a dream ^^. That this level of performance is possible. The amount of effort and time put into this thing is amazing.

Hope the developers read this.

Sponsored links

(10-11-2013, 06:33 PM)Fhoenix Wrote: I know Esc button can pause the emulation. The problem is, it does not resume it and going into the menu to resume the game every time is not ergonomic (you have to use the mouse for that, which requires a lot more motion with your hands than pressing a button on the keyboard).

In english (en_US) version: Alt+S, R, R, R, Enter
In german (de_DE) version: Alt+S, F

Depending on the language it can be quite easy to resume without the mouse.

Still there is a pause key on the keyboard. Maybe one should let this key have some more power.