Pc turns off while playing some games
Instant PC shutdowns are usually caused by overheating or a too weak or faulty PSU.
You mentioned that you have a new Mainboard/GPU. Did you just upgraded your old PC?
If so make sure that the old PSU has enough power to run the new components.

Sponsored links

so should I buy a new PSU and fan to solve this? MY PSU is the only part of my computer that I didnt replace.
a more powerful psu is probably a good idea. a good brand 350-400 80+ certified should be enough. not sure about the cooler and fan. if you mounted it really good with new thermal paste it should be fine. the temperatures are on the edge for a lil idle tho. a newer and lil bigger then standard cooler is always better tho. it might turn out well. and more silent then where the old one fan will wear out.

you might also think about upgrading the cpu later. it's a lil on the lower end for heav emulation. by all means. be prepared for that. Wink
There is still not even one proof that you have an heat or a psu-problem...

Why starting to buy components even if you don't know if it will solve your problem.

1. Check power of your psu (it is written on the psu case and can probably be read without opening the pc case)
2. Check Temp during some minutes of emulation...

If you have just replaced some parts, check the power connection to the mainboard (that long 24-or-so-pin connector). Maybe that one is not sufficiently fixed...
Try pcsx2 in software mode, to eliminate graphics card as possibility and does this cause the problem faster?
(02-08-2014, 09:02 PM)blake8088 Wrote: Try pcsx2 in software mode, to eliminate graphics card as possibility and does this cause the problem faster?

How to do pcsx2 in software mode?
(02-08-2014, 09:11 PM)ecks_ecks_ecks Wrote: How to do pcsx2 in software mode?

Press F9.

download and run coretemp while you're running the emulator too so you can keep an eye on your temps.

You can get it from here: http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/php/download.php?id=2
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-08-2014, 09:02 PM)blake8088 Wrote: Try pcsx2 in software mode, to eliminate graphics card as possibility and does this cause the problem faster?

if it's the case that the psu is weak. he won't even trigger it by disabling the graphics card, another potential power draw. Closedeyes should maybe run a benchmark or something that does full load on all power coords. when the components reach the line they'll pass out.

@op just find out and post what psu you have and how much watts it has. also post the results of a full load temperature tests.
(02-08-2014, 09:36 PM)dabore Wrote: if it's the case that the psu is weak. he won't even trigger it by disabling the graphics card, another potential power draw. Closedeyes should maybe run a benchmark or something that does full load on all power coords. when the components reach the line they'll pass out.

@op just find out and post what psu you have and how much watts it has. also post the results of a full load temperature tests.

OCCT-PT should be great for stressing his system to achieve high draw. There's also Furmark for the GPU.
Things just get much worst, I can play twisted metal now as well. before upgrading, i have graphics problems but I can play pcsx2 for hours. Now my graphics problem is solved, I have this power supply problem.