PcSx2 crash to desktop problem. Please Help.
It doesn't matter what game I am running. Within roughly 10 minutes or so the emulator just stops and Windows needs to close it. Most of the games I play emulate nearly flawlessly with maxed settings under the dx11 plugin so the crashes are really the only issue I am having.

My specs are
Windows 8.1
Intel i5 2500k 3.3 ghz
8gb Crucial DDR3 1600
EVGA Nvidia GTX 770
2x500gb WD Hdd in raid 0 (pcsx2 and my iso dumps run off of this)
1tb Seagate storage drive

if you have any suggestions please let me know

Sponsored links

Not much to make a diagnostic. Maybe the emulator's log gives a hint, or the Windows event Viewer.

Since doesn't seen to be a laptop the problems of temperature are less probable but still a possibility, try monitoring it.

Inform the settings being used, maybe you are abusing something.
Imagination is where we are truly real
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-09-2014, 07:38 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Sorry its been a couple days since I've been able to get back to you , work has kept me busy. To answer your questions my version is PCSX2 1.2.1.r5873. I am playing multiple games, it doesn't matter which one ive tried over 25 of my old games on it after dumping them to ISO... about 10 minutes in... crash. I've left all the settings default except controller and video settings which im posting a screenshot of said settings.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

post emulog after running ANY game until it crashes. (logs can be found in the pcsx2 folder in your documents folder)
I believe a lot of people were having problems like this when using XAudio2 as the output module in PCSX2. Try changing it to portaudio or DirectSound, hopefully that should solve the crashing.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I was having that issue, but it doesn't take "10 minutes" it wouldn't even boot for me. (but the log should make it clear EXACT:Y what is causing it)