Pcsx2 Cpu
(10-24-2010, 06:26 AM)Saiki Wrote:
(10-24-2010, 01:19 AM)Rezard Wrote: If the EE% is that much [95%-100%], but you can't get full speed, your CPU speed is most likely too low.

not true, a high EE means the EE is too slow for the game, remove any EE speedhacks, build a new pcsx2 with a faster EE, or don't play that particular game (shadow of the colossus is one such game)

Rezard's right, too, you know...

What do the EE% and GS% mean?

Sponsored links

(10-24-2010, 06:50 PM)ilovejedd Wrote:
(10-24-2010, 06:26 AM)Saiki Wrote: not true, a high EE means the EE is too slow for the game, remove any EE speedhacks, build a new pcsx2 with a faster EE, or don't play that particular game (shadow of the colossus is one such game)

Rezard's right, too, you know...

What do the EE% and GS% mean?

I participated in that thread too I believe, I have gathered more information by doing rebuilds, modifing the code for the EE, trust me when I say the information I have NOW is right. that thread is old, and it's long before the older 0.9.7 beta, when indeed the EE speed was fine as pcsx2 was just in general slow.
Sorry to tell you but there is no such thing as 'EE speed'. Please clarify what you mean...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(10-25-2010, 08:11 PM)Bositman Wrote: Sorry to tell you but there is no such thing as 'EE speed'. Please clarify what you mean...

Well, I think he means the EE is underclocked in PCSX2 to give more speed and performance for our PCs, but one day a developer said that eventually they would put the original speed (or more) of the EE (but we would need a faster PC).
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
(10-25-2010, 08:11 PM)Bositman Wrote: Sorry to tell you but there is no such thing as 'EE speed'. Please clarify what you mean...

I could say "the speed of the EE", if you prefer. either way it's the same thing, I just wrote it the quick way. I have builds that rama helped me with somewhat that have a stock ps2 clock speed for the EE in them.
masterotaku Wrote: Well, I think he means the EE is underclocked in PCSX2 to give more speed and performance for our PCs, but one day a developer said that eventually they would put the original speed (or more) of the EE (but we would need a faster PC).

I'd love to hear confirmation of this from devs. I thought emulated EE speed only dropped when you use speedhacks, but otherwise, it's emulated at the actual 300MHz.
OK then to clarify things, you are talking about the clockspeed of the emulated EE. By default we are NOT running the EE at its' normal clockspeed but underclocked. As far as I know, increasing the clockspeed of the emulated EE will only make games run in fact slower, so I still don't understand your suggestion. The EE cycle hacks further reduce the speed of the emulated EE, giving a speed up for some games, so "the EE is not fast enough to run this game at good speeds" makes no sense to me....
[Image: newsig.jpg]
EE % AND GS % are both CPU useage.It's two treads.One tread is sometimes in more usage than other.Example in soul calibur gs trad is more in usage.Mainly there are both cpu effective.
(10-26-2010, 09:08 AM)Bositman Wrote: The EE cycle hacks further reduce the speed of the emulated EE, giving a speed up for some games, so "the EE is not fast enough to run this game at good speeds" makes no sense to me....
if you lower the EE speedhack's numbers it speeds up the EE, it doesn't slow it down (as in building anew)
Gee, guys Tongue2
Current PCSX2 runs, by default, with an EE speed of ~240MHz.
It largely depends on the actual game code that is run though.

Saiki built PCSX2 for himself that has an EE speed of more than that, possibly ~400MHz

The EE % meter in PCSX2 is not an indication for the virtual EE speed.
It merely tries to abstract how much CPU cycles are spent on the main emulation thread.