Pcsx2 Problem
(11-28-2010, 03:41 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Trying bootcamp instead maybe Tongue2

id prefer to not have to use another virtual machine. i had virtual box but i then ran into the problem where it couldnt detect the sse3,sse4 etc.

so i switched to parallels to solve that problem.

Sponsored links

(11-28-2010, 05:36 AM)Death767 Wrote: id prefer to not have to use another virtual machine. i had virtual box but i then ran into the problem where it couldnt detect the sse3,sse4 etc.

so i switched to parallels to solve that problem.

IIRC, bootcamp isn't a virtual machine. It's dual booting, with a little added code so that windows can run on macs (which don't use BIOS, I think EFI? something like that). I don't think you'll get much more luck without switching to a native environment.
CPU Settings

Name - Intel Core i7 620M

Code Name - Arrandale

Package - Socket 1156 LGA

Technology - 32 nm

Specification - Intel® Core™ i7 CPU M 620 @ 2.67 GHz

Family - 6 Model - 5 Stepping - 5
Ext. Family - 6 Ext. Model - 25 Revision - KO

Motherboard
Model - Parallels Virtual Platform
Bios - Parallels Software International Inc.

GPU - Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM)

those are my specs.

So is there any possible solution for me using parallels or do i absolutely need to switch?
you absolutely need to set your dedicated gpu as primary default gpu, that should fix your problem
Mobo: EVGA X58 SLI LE
CPU: Intel i7 920 C0 @ 4.2 Ghz 1.36v Cogage Arrow
Ram: 3x2GB OCZ Gold 1690 9-9-8-24 1.65v
GPU: MSI GTX580 Lightning @ 970/2200 1.09v+MSI GTX460 Hawk PhysX
HDD: Corsair Force GT 120, 2x F4 320GB Raid 0,F4 2TB, WD-G 1TB
PSU: Corsair HX850 80 PLUS SILVER Modular
Case: Antec 1200 EVGA Mod
(11-28-2010, 06:46 AM)vdgamer Wrote: you absolutely need to set your dedicated gpu as primary default gpu, that should fix your problem

Ok where would i do that?

In the mac settings?
Parallels Desktop settings?
or Windows 7 settings?

Or elsewhere?

the Display Device selection is grayed out in CPU-Z.
(11-28-2010, 07:25 AM)Death767 Wrote: Parallels Desktop settings?

The place that would most likely have it would be Parallels Desktop settings. If it's not there, then sorry. The whole point of virtualization is hardware abstraction. Seriously, high end gaming is not something you want to do on a virtual machine (although I do believe it's been tried before with VT-d). Your best bet is to use Boot Camp.
(11-28-2010, 05:36 AM)Death767 Wrote: id prefer to not have to use another virtual machine.

Bootcamp is not a virtual machine, it lets you run Windows natively in your mac (as a dual boot) while being able to use your current mac files and... well... stuff. Bootcamp unlike virtual mahcines is the best "Windows on MAC" experience.
Virtual machines always have trouble, specially when talking about hardware acceleration for one reason or the other, not just PCSX2 but other games and apps will have trouble.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
im really trying to not switch but i will if i cant get the vm to work.
im unable to install bootcamp because i need a windows installer disk?

so how do i use it without a disk?

i also downloaded riva tuner to see if this program could help me.

its used to modify graphics card settings. This cold be a great place to start but i dont want to mess any thing up about my graphics card.

Suggestions?
perhaps theres an easier way to modify these settings.