Pcsx2 Real laggy on pretty good computer
No, his computer is good, I can tell it because I used the 6100 till last weekend (and got nothing "upgrading" to 8150). It is fairly good running PCSX2 but as every other mainstream processor (and maybe every other processor as well) will need to use speedhack in a game or two.

It's turbo boost may be enough and you may not need another overclock at all. tell me, do that mobo have an application called AI suite?

If so, open it, go to the "Tool" tab and start DIGI+ VRM set most those controls to the maximal except the CPU voltage frequency better keep in auto and CPU power phase control that can be kept in "Extreme" (avoid the manual adjustment at this point).

This alone will grant a very high boost (above 4 or 4.1 GHz) that in this CPU will keep it at reasonable temperature even with default cooler.

Now, the performance depends on the game being played... try speed hacks in some more problematic and everything will be fine.

The only game I have that posed a treat to similar rig was Valkyrie Profile and was needed to push the VU cycle stealing to the second notch to keep stead 60FPS without the lag normally associated with this setting in a few other games.

If you are feeling game you can open the advanced mode in the BIOS and push the multiplyer to 19.5 and the FSB to something like 208, although it should be unecessary and may get things "hot" in the literal sense if not using liquid cooler or good aftermarket cooler.

PS: The difference is my mobo is the m5a99x but from readings I know the 97 performs very well, just lacking the SLI native capacity and some other changes not significant to the actual problem. For that reason I believe it has that Asus AI suite application.

PS: You may want to disable the mobo EPU internal processor (it is designed to power savings and is specially good in notebooks but not that much in desktops). I can't say if it can cause loss of performance, but with it disabled (at BIOS, is not needed to physically disable it although possible). the clock and voltages will fall down fairly enough even with EPU disabled. Different from Intel CPUs, the turbo Boost in AMD is not known for causing issues with PCSX2.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

Actually if you go to task manager, and set the "core affinity" of the pcsx2 process to use core 0, 2, and 4 only, you should see an increase in performance, because each main thread from pcsx2 will be on a different module, and therefore not be sharing decoding resources with another main pcsx2 thread.
(10-29-2012, 01:27 AM)The Walking Glitch Wrote: Actually if you go to task manager, and set the "core affinity" of the pcsx2 process to use core 0, 2, and 4 only, you should see an increase in performance, because each main thread from pcsx2 will be on a different module, and therefore not be sharing decoding resources with another main pcsx2 thread.

True if the microsoft patch for FX CPUs has not been installed, otherwise there is almost no difference: in GT4 i had the same FPS setting the affinity and I have installed the patch.
Ryzen 7 3800X | Noctua NH-D14| Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro| RX Vega 64| 2*8GB Patriot Viper 3733MHz C17@3733MHz C16| Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 970EVO 512GB NVMe| 4TB Hard Drive| Samsung C25FG7 + Samsung S24D300 + Samsung S24F250| NZXT Phantom 410| Enermax Revo'Xt 730W| Gigabyte M6900