Pcsx2 Real laggy on pretty good computer
Ok so Im using all of the default settings except in the sound settings i have the Interpolation set at 4 - Catmull and the Synchronizing at Async Mix, and The game Im testing is celebrity deathmatch and this spongebob battle of bikini bottom, They both run anywhere from 30-60 fps most of the time 30-40 and its not laggy its just like its in slow motion. I am pretty sure my computer can handle this. Im thinking its just something Im doing wrong but I cant think of what that could be.
PC Specs-
CPU: AMD-FX 6100 6-core 3.3ghz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7770 Ghz Ghost edition
Ram: 8gb (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/...u=C13-5720)
Moterboard: Asus M5A97

Also I have it set to The ps2 native res and it set to directx 11

Edit: I am using Isos

Sponsored links

What makes you think your computer is good?

Quote:Im thinking its just something Im doing wrong but I cant think of what that could be.
The thing you did wrong was buying a AMD FX CPU. It is bad for any kind of emulators.
My computer is fine. I don't understand though, is it my cpu that's not letting me use this?
Like Livy said, the Bulldozer CPUs are bad for emulation.
okay thanks for the fast replys
(10-28-2012, 04:58 AM)jkrules420 Wrote: okay thanks for the fast replys

Are you sure configure the emulator. You should use speed setting and dx11 in gsdx plugin.
(10-28-2012, 06:02 AM)javad316 Wrote: Are you sure configure the emulator. You should use speed setting and dx11 in gsdx plugin.

Even then, the Bulldozer is not a very good architecture. That is holding him back.
I don't get how come people insist in the year of 2012 thinking that AMD CPUs are good. Even the most expensive ones are just slightly above mediocre.
@jkrules420: Use the MTVU speedhack that can give you a nice FPS boost, use the GSDX AVX and set Direct3D11 Hardware, it will also give you a nice boost. If it's not enough try activating also the other speedhacks.

@the others: maybe it would be useful to help him suggesting a good configuration for the emu instead telling him just that FX are not good CPUs (but a 6100 can handle quite nicely GT4 that is a quite heavy game...).
Ryzen 7 3800X | Noctua NH-D14| Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro| RX Vega 64| 2*8GB Patriot Viper 3733MHz C17@3733MHz C16| Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 970EVO 512GB NVMe| 4TB Hard Drive| Samsung C25FG7 + Samsung S24D300 + Samsung S24F250| NZXT Phantom 410| Enermax Revo'Xt 730W| Gigabyte M6900
Agreed with the above post, MTVU should give you a nice boost on some games as it will allow you to use an extra one of your cores. Also experiment with the other speedhacks.